Chocolate Orpingtons

I just order 6 Bantam Choc Orpington hatching eggs!!! So excited!!!! My 1st chocolates & my 1st Bantams! Anyone have any pics of bantam next to LF? Would love to be able to show my kids the difference!

I put this request on the breeding forum also. I want to start a small flock of Chocolate Orpingtons. The only breeders I can find that have these birds will only sell straight runs even though they have several different lines they can access. I surely understand selling straight runs because I do also. The difference is simple. Most chickens don't cost as much as rare breeds. If get straight runs without the breeder marking the eggs I risk the almost sure possibility that I could be breeding brother to sister. I am an exotic parrot breeder and know the outcome which will happen sooner or later and I will be weakening my flocks gene pool. Any ideas? Help will be appreciated for SURE!!!!!

I just order 6 Bantam Choc Orpington hatching eggs!!! So excited!!!! My 1st chocolates & my 1st Bantams! Anyone have any pics of bantam next to LF? Would love to be able to show my kids the difference!

Funny, I just took a picture yesterday to show someone how much difference there is between LF and Bantam of mine. Here it is!

I have a question for the experienced chocolate breeders. I have a beautiful LF English 8 month old chocolate pullet. Unfortunately, lost my LF chocolate roos. I have found a couple for sale, but the photos show what appears to me to be red leakage. Ideally, I would avoid these. I see two options: 1) buy chicks and cross my fingers I get a nice roo (and it kills me she would go to waste while I wait) or 2) buy a roo with leakage and after hatching some chicks and growing them out, select future breeders without this trait. What would you do? Is there another option I am not considering? Are you seeing red leakage often with this color? Thanks for any opinions!

Another option may be to find a black split to chocolate. This would help maintain the good chocolate color. The roosters you are seeing maybe starting to lighten up.

at Morton WA Bird Show I Picked up a Pair of Pet Quality Bantam Chocolate Orps . . . " the Roo is Split to Chocolate
2665.png
Hen Chocolate " .. Chicken Math again ...... now I'm looking for a Bantam Chocolate Hen/Pullet.

Back
Top Bottom