Chocolate Orpingtons

I would. They look feathered enough. Isolate safely, but allow the rest to investigate. It's always hard for me to watch my hens sort out the pecking order with new birds!
hmm.png
But it usually works itself out in a few days.

They will go in a large cage inside the main coop for about two weeks and then I will let them out of the cage. I hate watching the pecking orders. But this will be my third time introducing and I haven't had any bad problems yet. They are going out to coop this weekend
1f603.png

Here are a few pictures of our Chocolate Orpingtons. We need to get some pictures on a bright, sunny day, as the sunshine just brings out the chocolate shade that much more. I can hardly wait until summer.

I am working towards a mid sized Chocolate Orpington. The larger fowl are TOO large and the Bantams are TOO small or so I have heard from others. So I really wanted to create a mid sized. Since Chocolate Orpingtons in themselves are not the color for judging anyways, what does it matter creating a size that may please more chicken people. So how do YOU feel about this project. Is it worth my time, money and effort? I dont know. As with all my projects they tend to cost more and take longer than I had anticipated. Just wondering what appeals to others.

I am working towards a mid sized Chocolate Orpington. The larger fowl are TOO large and the Bantams are TOO small or so I have heard from others. So I really wanted to create a mid sized. Since Chocolate Orpingtons in themselves are not the color for judging anyways, what does it matter creating a size that may please more chicken people. So how do YOU feel about this project. Is it worth my time, money and effort? I dont know. As with all my projects they tend to cost more and take longer than I had anticipated. Just wondering what appeals to others.
Here's my bantam roo

I love the large fowl. That's what I thought I was getting when I got my rooster. I did not find out till recently that he was bantam. No was disappointed but I still love him and his looks

Back
Top Bottom