Chocolate Orpingtons

Is anyone finding their chocolates annoyingly broody?

Any tricks for getting them to stop? I have one I keep locking out of the nest. She isn't on ANY EGGS ANYWAY! She just clucks around the yard all day sitting down. I need her to lay for me.

Is anyone finding their chocolates annoyingly broody?

Any tricks for getting them to stop? I have one I keep locking out of the nest. She isn't on ANY EGGS ANYWAY! She just clucks around the yard all day sitting down. I need her to lay for me.
If she's anything like my hens that wouldn't quit... I eventually had to put them in a pen/cage with a wire floor. I've found that hens won't sit if when they do it's cold. Air will constantly be circulating around her, and she won't be able to "nest" & make a warm spot for her eggs.

I warn you... it might take like a week, but it'll work.

If she's anything like my hens that wouldn't quit... I eventually had to put them in a pen/cage with a wire floor. I've found that hens won't sit if when they do it's cold. Air will constantly be circulating around her, and she won't be able to "nest" & make a warm spot for her eggs.

I warn you... it might take like a week, but it'll work.
great! I am sick of this! I tried putting a chick under her and she just tried to kill it!

My baby chocolates. Will have 3 choc and 3 gold laced. Hoping to see what a gold laced chocolate looks like someday
2764.png
1f425.png

Cute lil' Chocolate chips!
tongue.png

Quick pic (with my iPhone) of one of the bantam Chocolate pullets I've grown out this year. She should be laying any day now...

Cute lil' Chocolate chips!
tongue.png

Quick pic (with my iPhone) of one of the bantam Chocolate pullets I've grown out this year. She should be laying any day now...

Lovely!, what a pretty head.
These Chocolates are fast becoming my favorites. The contrast of red wattle and comb against the deep brown is so pretty.

Another Chocolate pullet, sister to the pullet I posted a picture of the other day.
She's a couple months younger, but I like her.

Back
Top Bottom