Chocolate Orpingtons

Here is one of my 5 month old LF pullets, I'm impressed with the size and type so far. I've seen a lot of smallish LF Chocolates so I Bred my average sized Choc Roo with some of my larger black girls hoping to improve size... Looks good so far!

Last edited:

Here is one of my 5 month old LF pullets, I'm impressed with the size and type so far. I've seen a lot of smallish LF Chocolates so I Bred my average sized Choc Roo with some of my larger black girls hoping to improve size... Looks good so far!
Hey there! Nice looking hen. I too am working my way up in size with this color. I have a GINORMOUS rooster I put over my 2 largest hens. All three are different blood lines so I am hoping to make some larger hens! I will post pics when they grow out.

Hey there! Nice looking hen. I too am working my way up in size with this color. I have a GINORMOUS rooster I put over my 2 largest hens. All three are different blood lines so I am hoping to make some larger hens! I will post pics when they grow out.
Funny...and my Chocolate roo is the smaller of my stock so I'm having to work the opposite of you! Please post pics when you can.

Would someone be able to answer a question for me? Please and thank you. :)

I have a chocolate cuckoo orp that I am thinking about breeding to my solid hens. I think he is double barred (?). What would the chicks look like? Would they be barred versions of each color or some sort of mix? I have Genetics of the Fowl sitting next to me, but don't feel like straining my brain tonight. My hens are chocolate, lavender, red and buff. I also have a jubilee, but can't imagine what sort of mix that would produce.

Whoppers

Back
Top Bottom