Chocolate Orpingtons

Here are a few pics of my chocs. Mom,dad, and a 8wk cockrel

If anyone is around Rock Hill Sc, are incubator is full and we have some 8 wk old birds available as well as a 7mo old rooster.

I wouldn't breed to Lavender...

But Chocolate X Blue will yield Mauve, which I think is a lovely color.

My Avitar is on of my Mauve hens. I love them. I bred them to my Double Barred Chocolate boy and have some Cuckoo Mauve chicks. They are 4 to 6 weeks old now. I will post pictures when they get a little bigger.
I have two Mauve pullets and one hen. The hen molted this past Fall and he feathering came back with a lot of shade variation. I imagine that happened because of her Blue genes.

My Avitar is on of my Mauve hens. I love them. I bred them to my Double Barred Chocolate boy and have some Cuckoo Mauve chicks. They are 4 to 6 weeks old now. I will post pictures when they get a little bigger.
I have two Mauve pullets and one hen. The hen molted this past Fall and he feathering came back with a lot of shade variation. I imagine that happened because of her Blue genes.
Would love to see pics of your mauve cuckoo chicks as they grow. Please tag me when you post pics.

Anyone out there working on Chocolate Spangled birds?
I have just started with a Choc-Cuckoo rooster (or possibly a mauve rooster, she has been with both) and a black mottled hen. Hatch 2 chicks, 1 is obviously a black split to mottled boy and the other is either mauve and choc split to mottled. In either case its a pullet.

The roosters and pullet are from different lines so I feel comfortable doing a brother and sister cross. to get some chocolates or will have to get a black mottled rooster from somewhere to cross with the pullet. Of course will hatch some more to get a good type.

Any suggestions?

Here is a picture of the mauve/choc pullet

and the black boy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom