Chocolate projects?

My chocolate Araucana project pen is finally moving forward now that I have my first chocolate male. The story is long so to make it short, I have not been able to get a chocolate male to breeding age since starting this project. I'm very excited and have al my black and chocolate hens with him. I hope to have photos to share later this spring

Would these be considered chocolate? As far as I know, they did not come from dun or chocolate, but just popped up in my line of Sizzles & seem to be breeding true.
Wow that's a nice bird keep breeding for that color maybe if get a actual chocolate Roo of some breed and breed to hen that looks like that and maybe you could really get a pure chocolate!
1f601.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png

So, I hate to be that person... again... Buuut is anyone working on a chocolate LF ameraucana?

I found a group on Facebook and a thread on here, but they're pretty dead and everyone's best suggestion is to buy a chocolate Orpington cock and start from scratch.

Anyone?

So, I hate to be that person... again... Buuut is anyone working on a chocolate LF ameraucana?

I found a group on Facebook and a thread on here, but they're pretty dead and everyone's best suggestion is to buy a chocolate Orpington cock and start from scratch.

Anyone?
Or... introduce the Dun (I^d) gene instead and work your way up.

Back
Top Bottom