Chocolate projects?

Pics
You'd get Black male chicks, that were split to/recessively carrying the Choc gene, with red/gold leakage.

& Chocolate female chicks, or at least mostly Chocolate.

They would probably have some red/gold leakage too, or perhaps some patterning that looked similar to incomplete partridge.

I found out something interesting today - when you breed a Svarthöna (fibromelanistic) to a cockerel split to chocolate and the resulting chick (it's a girl!!!!) is chocolate, it makes EVERYTHING chocolate! The comb, the beak, the legs and all are chocolate! She is the one in the middle on the right side of the picture.
I imagine the bones and meat will be chocolate, too. I haven't been able to get myself to eat the black meat on the Svarthöna culls yet, but chocolate chicken? Maybe... lol

I found out something interesting today - when you breed a Svarthöna (fibromelanistic) to a cockerel split to chocolate and the resulting chick (it's a girl!!!!) is chocolate, it makes EVERYTHING chocolate! The comb, the beak, the legs and all are chocolate! She is the one in the middle on the right side of the picture.
I imagine the bones and meat will be chocolate, too. I haven't been able to get myself to eat the black meat on the Svarthöna culls yet, but chocolate chicken? Maybe... lol

How cool is that! I'll have to try it too, I have Cemani....I wonder if it will be the same?

How cool is that! I'll have to try it too, I have Cemani....I wonder if it will be the same?
thumbsup.gif
I don't see why not, it is the same genes at work.

That is so cool! I wonder if lavendar and blue would work also... since they are variations of black?
hu.gif
Now I gotta start breeding these too
lol.png

I just hatched some chocolate cream legbars! These are f2 crosses of a chocolate orpington and cream legbar cross, and I got 2 babies that have the CCL pattern (and barring) with the chocolate base color!
celebrate.gif

Single barred

Double barred

both

Does anyone know how I would produce chocolate mottled orpingtons. I have chocolates and mottled but not real sure how to produce true choc mottled?

Back
Top Bottom