Chocolate Serama Breeders - dun and blue can be included here as well

Zsa Zsa is almost a year old now and Finally laid her first egg. I just hope it's not the last or the only...

She seemed as surprised about the egg as I was. I popped it in the incubator but the young cockerel she was with before may have been too young to be fertile. We'll see soon enough.

My Bonnie is sitting on 7 eggs presently!! I'm really hoping for 7 hatches and at least 3 chocolates!!! I think no matter what they will be beautiful! Daddy (Clyde) is very handsome!

Good luck with zsa zsa!! She may surprise you like my Hattie did me!
Thanks! Those first eggs were not fertile but the cockerel was pretty young. She has a new beau now and he's making fertile eggs, there are about 10 in the incubator now, including some of Zsa Zsa's
They were set Dec 15th, due to hatch January 4th
big_smile.png

Here is her new fella

Thanks! Those first eggs were not fertile but the cockerel was pretty young. She has a new beau now and he's making fertile eggs, there are about 10 in the incubator now, including some of Zsa Zsa's They were set Dec 15th, due to hatch January 4th :D Here is her new fella
Let me know how the hatching goes! My Bonnie is sitting on 7! It's so exciting isn't it?!!!!

Let me know how the hatching goes! My Bonnie is sitting on 7! It's so exciting isn't it?!!!!
Wanted to share the GOOD NEWS with you
1f603.png
Bonnie's got, so far, 5 out of 7 hatches!!! And 2 are chocolate! Patiently waiting to see if the other 2 hatch. I'm so excited I could explode!!!
How's it going with yours? Keep me posted please.
I'll post pics as soon as I can
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png
1f603.png

Good luck with yours!

Awesome! My news isn't the best though, we had some power out and the incubator was down to 78 degrees for some hours, not sure how long since I work 10 hour shifts. It took a while to get the temp back up. They are due to hatch tomorrow but with it cooling down, I've heard if I'm lucky, it might just cause them to hatch a day late.

So I just set some eggs in the incubator and they are from this little hen in pic 1, and a little brown (chocolate?) hen that I have that looks exactly like the one in the 3rd picture that is junkgypsy's little brown hen, covered by my little roo in the 2nd picture. I have been combing back through all the posts all the way from the very beginning of this thread and Im still a bit confused on the chocolate, Cocoapop. Judging from the phenotypes represented in these pics, what might i expect from this hatch?

Last edited:
emrldgrn1 I'm fairly new to color genetics but I can tell you that cocopop is a blood line developed by Grady Taylor is is not a specific color. My two hens are from chocolate breeding and the roo is a chocolate split meaning when breed to the chocolate hens 75% of the offspring will be chocolate and the other 25% what ever color they may be will be chocolate splits.

I can't tell you what you might except to get from your cross I'm not that good and seramas do not breed true except for white that I know of. Perhaps someone with a little more knowledge will come along.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom