Chocolate Serama Breeders - dun and blue can be included here as well

Bonnie's babies hatches Jan 2

So I just set some eggs in the incubator and they are from this little hen in pic 1, and a little brown (chocolate?) hen that I have that looks exactly like the one in the 3rd picture that is junkgypsy's little brown hen, covered by my little roo in the 2nd picture. I have been combing back through all the posts all the way from the very beginning of this thread and Im still a bit confused on the chocolate, Cocoapop. Judging from the phenotypes represented in these pics, what might i expect from this hatch?

The only one in the group here that is chocolate appears to be the hen on the bottom. Neither of the other 2 are chocolate. If the cockerel carries chocolate that would be good but he is not chocolate himself. From this group, I would breed the chocolate hen separately, you'll know if the cockerel carries chocolate if any of the chicks hatch chocolate then. If he is not, then at least you will know that none of the pullets from that cross will be or carry chocolate but all of the cockerels will be non-chocolate themselves but they will all carry chocolate so breed any cockerels that you Know are out of that chocolate hen back to her and you're in business :)

So I just set some eggs in the incubator and they are from this little hen in pic 1, and a little brown (chocolate?) hen that I have that looks exactly like the one in the 3rd picture that is junkgypsy's little brown hen, covered by my little roo in the 2nd picture. I have been combing back through all the posts all the way from the very beginning of this thread and Im still a bit confused on the chocolate, Cocoapop. Judging from the phenotypes represented in these pics, what might i expect from this hatch?

Junk Gypsy, who's chocolate hen is the one on the bottom here? You both posted her picture???

Smoothmule she is mine along with the other hen and the roo I posted a page back the roo is a Chocolate split.

I see your from Buffalo I use to live real close to you before we move to Florida I was in Charity small world.

Smoothmule she is mine along with the other hen and the roo I posted a page back the roo is a Chocolate split.

I see your from Buffalo I use to live real close to you before we move to Florida I was in Charity small world.

I just borrowed the picture to demonstrate the color of the hen I have.

Very cool, we probably know some of the same people then. My in laws had the convenience store about 5 miles south of Buffalo. They had all the lifesized concrete animals out front.

Hello! Does anyone have any ideas on what color my roo is? I thought maybe blue, but after hatching some chicks from him i am wondering if he is maybe dun instead?
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom