Chook Contest With Prize 2

Fierlin1182

powered-flight
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
Restarting by popular demand :p

You can enter this contest with max three pictures please (otherwise the judging gets too hard!), the entrants can be any breed/gender/age as long they're chooks! Your prize will be a pencil sketch by me of your winning entry. I can email it to you, or post if you live in Australia

Bonus points for a good caption

This contest will end toward the end of January (two months). Exact date to be decided as I have a holiday about that time.

@ChaboEmelie here's your beautiful chook. I'm finally done with this drawing. I was going to put a bit of colour on it, but uni's photoshop license has expired (that's the only thing I had to use). Hope you like!

The contest is probably not going to restart until my next holiday. Between semesters 1 and 2 I have three weeks' off, so I'll post a new contest during swotvac (June-ish, before exams) and be ready to draw by the break :p I'm taking an extra subject this semester and keeping all but one of my jobs, so I'm gonna be busy. see you all in June!

Last edited:
:lol: I imagine this will be a recurring contest so you can save the ones you don't pick for next time!
(I know what you mean though, I have so many great photos of my chickens :p)

Chook is an Australian slang word for chicken
smile.png

Here in Aus it is also used as a term of endearment.

Mothers or Wives may be referred to as “the old chook” with no offence intended and simply a term of affection.

People who do something silly can also be referred to as “ya silly chook”, again, no offence intended.

It is also used in enquiring phrases such as “what’s up chook?” .. “what ya doin’ chook?”

Last edited:
Ok thanks for bearing with me everyone, and thank you for the great photos!
After a lot of hard deliberation here's a list of 8 finalists (this was so difficult to choose :p)

Perfect Polish

Teila

theoldchick

HopieGirl4Ever

AxolotlLove

ChaboEmelie

pippo

Frindizzle

Out of these, two people's entries were standout to me, HopieGirl4Ever and ChaboEmelie. This is actually the hardest decision I've ever had to make on a contest :p But I'm gonna have to give first place to

Gullviva
Amazing photo. Congratulations. I'll start on your drawing soon!

Back
Top Bottom