Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

I'm on lock down and I'm freaking out, this is my first hatch and only shot at this, I could mess up. I need to do something about my nerves, they are killing me.

But yeah, good luck to everyone!

What I do during lockdown is keep busy: chores, errands, etc. Sometimes just getting out of the house for a while can help distract me from obsessing about the hatch. Wish I could get out of the house now, but it is raining right now.
Don't worry too much. The chicks have got this one. When they are ready they will start breaking out of those shells.

What I do during lockdown is keep busy: chores, errands, etc. Sometimes just getting out of the house for a while can help distract me from obsessing about the hatch. Wish I could get out of the house now, but it is raining right now.
Don't worry too much. The chicks have got this one. When they are ready they will start breaking out of those shells.
X2 definitely find something to do. As hard as it is to pull yourself away from it, it's good for your stress level lol. Cleaning, laundry, and kids are enough to keep me away, but I still find myself back at the window every 20 minutes or so. You just have to remember that they know what they are doing. You have been waiting for almost 3 weeks, what's a couple more days lol

The little chick has been chirping its encouragement to the others all morning. With a couple brief pauses for a nap.
lau.gif

In the bottom pic you can see the second pipped egg.
yippiechickie.gif
Woo Hoo!

The little chick has been chirping its encouragement to the others all morning. With a couple brief pauses for a nap.
lau.gif

In the bottom pic you can see the second pipped egg.

Awe! So cute!
I just finished Christmas shopping so no more out the house for me, then the incubator won't go to the right temperature.
barnie.gif

But I'm trying to stay away from the bator....

I have eggs due to hatch on the 24th. Not sure now the electric went out for about 1/2 the bater said 92 ....bummed out! Just locked them down this morning all were developed and look great except 1 that was not fertile. I was running all over the house trying to find things to put in the bater to keep it warm. Had the bater in my arms moving it to the room with the wood burner when the electric came back on...I cried like a baby I was so upset.....Three weeks of worry about the babies and this happens....geez.....I hope I have 30 beautiful chicks on Christmas Eve... Best wishes to you on your hatch for Christmas Day!

Still only one hatched chick. Second pipped chick has made the hole bigger. Now there is a third pipped egg! WooHoo!
I am getting a bit bummed though. I really want these chicks to pick up the pace. If all the chicks aren't hatched by Wednesday morning my neighbor will have to take over monitoring the hatch. Here's hoping and praying they are all safely hatched by tomorrow evening.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom