Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

of course
smile.png
you'll know as soon as I do lol I'm to proud of my babies not to share them. I think everyone can agree there
Yeah, lol babies are ADORABLE!!!

How do you candle that many eggs? But that's great 40 are developing
jumpy.gif

One at a time, Hopefully they survive to hatch.
Good to see we have some new eggs on board, good luck!!! And 40 of 42, wow!

Knowing one was looking bad I checked again this morning before sunrise and unfortunately we lost our second egg and two of the remaining three are now questionable. Maybe our shipping woes are catching up to us.

Still hopeful for a Christmas Chick!!
Aw, man.
I hope that your hatch goes well and that you get a Christmas chick as well.

Ameraucanas, RSLs, Silkies, two mystery bantams, and the rest are barnyard mixes. The mixes are my Christmas presents for the neighbor kids, unless they're gorgeous of course, then they're going in my layer flock lol. One week until lockdown. It will be interesting to see what comes out of the mixes, I have a couple more crosses this time around that weren't present last hatch. Especially the Lakenvelder X Leghorn, hoping for some beauties from that one. Good luck to everyone else on their hatches. Will keep in touch.
Wow that's a nice mix!

One at a time, Hopefully they survive to hatch.
Aw, man. 
I hope that your hatch goes well and that you get a Christmas chick as well.

Wow that's a nice mix! 
Thank you, I'm hoping so as well. Also hoping that my Leghorns are more recessive white than dominant so they have a little color to them.

Thank you, I'm hoping so as well. Also hoping that my Leghorns are more recessive white than dominant so they have a little color to them.

My leghorn hen crossed with a Splash Orp rooster seems to produce either white and cream or white and gray splashed chicks. They all have blue legs like daddy too. Kinda cool looking birds. They are also way less flighty too.

Out of the 20 eggs I have now (on day 11), 14 of them are my leghorn hens with my Orp rooster again. I hope to get a few more chicks out of them to see what they look like.

WOW, after reading through some of the other hatch-alongs i'm getting kinda depressed. People seem to be having some pretty bad luck with their hatches. Here's to wishing everyones Christmas babies a safe hatch.

My leghorn hen crossed with a Splash Orp rooster seems to produce either white and cream or white and gray splashed chicks. They all have blue legs like daddy too. Kinda cool looking birds. They are also way less flighty too.

Out of the 20 eggs I have now (on day 11), 14 of them are my leghorn hens with my Orp rooster again. I hope to get a few more chicks out of them to see what they look like.

WOW, after reading through some of the other hatch-alongs i'm getting kinda depressed. People seem to be having some pretty bad luck with their hatches. Here's to wishing everyones Christmas babies a safe hatch.
Just popping in. Do you have pictures of them? They sound beautiful!

I've noticed that too
hmm.png
Good luck everyone!

My leghorn hen crossed with a Splash Orp rooster seems to produce either white and cream or white and gray splashed chicks.  They all have blue legs like daddy too.  Kinda cool looking birds.  They are also way less flighty too.

Out of the 20 eggs I have now (on day 11), 14 of them are my leghorn hens with my Orp rooster again.  I hope to get a few more chicks out of them to see what they look like.

WOW, after reading through some of the other hatch-alongs i'm getting kinda depressed.  People seem to be having some pretty bad luck with their hatches.  Here's to wishing everyones Christmas babies a safe hatch.

I was scrolling through Decembers hatch-a-long, and it seems like everyone's dies before they can hatch. Maybe I will look at last years thread and see what hatch rates are like then...

Good luck everyone.

Good to see we have some new eggs on board, good luck!!! And 40 of 42, wow!

Knowing one was looking bad I checked again this morning before sunrise and unfortunately we lost our second egg and two of the remaining three are now questionable. Maybe our shipping woes are catching up to us.

Still hopeful for a Christmas Chick!!

I really hope they turn out ok anyway! I think sometimes it's hard to tell what you are looking at. Definitely give the questionable ones several more days before you give up on them!

Back
Top Bottom