Christmas decorating

chickenkeeper12

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 25, 2012
Connecticut
Hello, I know this sounds weird but my mom wants to decorate the coop for Christmas. Does anyone now if you can put a Douglas fir tree in my coop. If read could u respond ASAP. Going to get the tree this weekend.
Thanks

I think your chickens will love a Christmas tree in their coop!

It will give them something to play with, bet they have it strip bare and roosting in it within a few days.

Last edited:
Hello, I know this sounds weird but my mom wants to decorate the coop for Christmas. Does anyone now if you can put a Douglas fir tree in my coop. If read could u respond ASAP. Going to get the tree this weekend.
Thanks

Check out this thread on coop decorating: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/272152/tis-the-season-how-us-your-decorated-coops
so definitely not weird at all haha. I put some giant candycanes on the front of mine. Your christmas tree idea sounds great!!

Good luck with the decorations. I hope your girls appreciate it more than mine. My girls pulled down the curtains from the windows and art work from the walls and pooped on them, so I don't think they'd have much regard for Christmas decorations.

Back
Top Bottom