Christmas in October block Swap

If you want to do the La Pass and have a FB account there are free files for a printer friendly version of all the 5 shapes used. This is hopefully a link to the La Pass group I am in on FB, it is a closed group and very friendly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/335041176691683/
Okay kassaundra I'm pending now! I just need to bind my Mug Rug then done..
big_smile.png

Ladies, I'm trying to get my tension adjusted to do free motion stitching. I'm using black thread in the bobbin and orange on the top so I can see. On the top, I can see just a small dot of the black between orange. On the bottom (bobbin) I don't see any orange and the stitches while looks ok, but still looks a little " wobbely". It isn't loose, just doesn't look neat. I've been adjusting to find the best tension. So far this is the best, but not sure if I should be seeing orange on the bottom side. I will do another adjustment to see if it changes, but does someone have any suggestions?

Ladies, I'm trying to get my tension adjusted to do free motion stitching. I'm using black thread in the bobbin and orange on the top so I can see. On the top, I can see just a small dot of the black between orange. On the bottom (bobbin) I don't see any orange and the stitches while looks ok, but still looks a little " wobbely". It isn't loose, just doesn't look neat. I've been adjusting to find the best tension. So far this is the best, but not sure if I should be seeing orange on the bottom side. I will do another adjustment to see if it changes, but does someone have any suggestions?
When I do free motion I leave my feed dogs up, not sure if you drop yours.

I think I saw rustyhen's post, but there are so many new ones I didn't see if you were in the group yet.

My bonus mug rug is about ready for the quilting, going to try something complicated for me, I am a HORRIBLE quilter, not being self deprecating, for real my Achilles heel for sure. What I'm thinking about doing is straight line w/ a twist. So hopefully will look great but be easy.

I am patting myself on my back for the back side of the bonus mugrug, the front is fussy cut so I had lots of odd size left over pieces and I pieced them together to form the backside. I was able to use nearly all the fabric w/o any left overs. (al least usable ones)

My dog feet will not drop so I was told to put some tape over them it will help with free motion tho I have not tried that yet, anyone else hear that? I wonder about the tape stickyness and regular sewing if it will make a difference?

Back
Top Bottom