Christmas in October block Swap

katsdar

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 21, 2012
Armuchee, Georgia
BYC is not responsible for transactions outside the BST area of the forum. All swaps are at the swappers risk and in no way will the Staff be involved in disputes. All disputes should be handled privately as per BYC Rules. No feedback and no feedback threads are allowed in these swaps. Do not report issues with the swaps using the report button. Please resolve all issues privately with your swap partner and/or the the swap originator. BYC discourages all transactions outside the regular BST area. Non monetary swap transactions are only allowed in this forum and only in a Swap thread. You must be 18 or over to participate in any swap, trade or any other transaction on BYC. All BYC Rules apply.

Block requirements:

You can do any block, 12" finished size, in " traditional " Christmas colors ie; red, green, gold, creams.
No blues, pinks or purples.

We will need to make 12 blocks. Due date will be October 31st.

Let the quilting begin!
I am on BYC often, and I will be available to answer questions, and all who send blocks will receive blocks from whoever else takes part. I ask that when you ship all of your blocks, add a large SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) for easy block shipment. ALL BLOCKS are sent to me (yes, even yours your keeping) so that I can be sure every pile of blocks sent out contains one from every single sender. It’s confusing to keep track of 12 - 15 different piles, and who doesn't need one. I want no mistakes, so make and send them all at once.
TO SIGN UP: Please put "SIGN ME UP" OR "YES, I'M IN" or something all by itself in a post on the forum. (Or, put it first, then elaborate) Please post you want to be involved HERE on THIS THREAD.
Thanks
Kat

This weeks photo

The theme this week was flowers using macro

Last edited:
Nice pics, Majack

ok rehearsal dinner went very well, Some of you know that I had gotten some gingerbread from England and it was a hit, as well as my little bags filled with the M&M's that had the couples pic on them. Dinner was very good, everyone mingled nicely, decorations were wonderful, my girl did a great job, I had pics of the bride and groom from birth to now scattered all over the room and on the tables. Here is one pic of the 4 of us.

Look What I got!
love.gif
I Love it , its just perfect. I fact I have decided that this will sit in my sewing room beside my sewing machine with me .
Annaquilts and I will be discussing quilt problems and solutions just like the girls on my beautiful MugRug.
This came with Christmas stocking stuffers too,
ep.gif
that Sees chocolate candy is alredy gone... ;) We can't get See's up here!
I got this yesterday but had to spend an hour with dell tech support befor I could post a photo.
Annaquilt's Thank You so much for this dear sweet mug rug.

Last edited:
I think this is one of the most beautiful piece work I've ever seen!!! I love that kalaidescope (sp) look! The reds and blacks are stunning!! You seem to do this so effortlessly! It would take me weeks of planning, cutting, and then thinking and planning some more!!! I started on my mug rug as soon as it came up, but I didn't finish it until the week before it was due! I didn't work on it physically all that time, but I was constantly thinking, planning, working on new techniques for it! Phew!! Again beautiful job!!!

Oh thank you. But it wasn't as effortless as you might think. I bought 5 + pieces of fabric thinking they would work for the "next" step, only to find they really didn't. Made several "peek a boo" windows to try out different placements of different areas of the prints, made up different pentagons and tried them out and thought and asked opinions and thought some more and rearranged some more.

These were just a couple of the many cross roads pics and ideas I had before chosing, these were just the really good choices, didn't even take pics of the duds I had already decided against.

Speaking of photos we went to the Mt's. the other day(to escape the heat) and I spotted this and had to take the shot. From a distance I thought that someone had done a carving, but mother nature had her hand in this one.

You know what this log is screaming to be? A diorama! I can see someone taking that and putting little Cliff-dweller Indian figures in there with animal pelts tacked to the "walls" and little fire pits out front with people gathered around celebrating the hunt and having a great time!

I would probably also put a stream of those blue flattened glass marble things for a stream/river, little rope ladders leading to the top so they can get out to hunt or defend their tribe or whatever.

My imagination took a little trip there didn't it?

Wow Kassaundra! I love it!
love.gif
I'm a dragonfly person so is my exboss ( retired) I might make her one of these beauty's.

It is actually pretty simple. the 4 main blocks are 4.5 inch squares. The curved parts are squares folded into triangles laid over the base square, sewn as one piece of fabric then when all assembled turn the folded biased edge of each folded triangle and stitch down.

Back
Top Bottom