Christmas in October block Swap

I think this is one of the most beautiful piece work I've ever seen!!! I love that kalaidescope (sp) look! The reds and blacks are stunning!! You seem to do this so effortlessly! It would take me weeks of planning, cutting, and then thinking and planning some more!!! I started on my mug rug as soon as it came up, but I didn't finish it until the week before it was due! I didn't work on it physically all that time, but I was constantly thinking, planning, working on new techniques for it! Phew!! Again beautiful job!!!

Oh thank you. But it wasn't as effortless as you might think. I bought 5 + pieces of fabric thinking they would work for the "next" step, only to find they really didn't. Made several "peek a boo" windows to try out different placements of different areas of the prints, made up different pentagons and tried them out and thought and asked opinions and thought some more and rearranged some more.

These were just a couple of the many cross roads pics and ideas I had before chosing, these were just the really good choices, didn't even take pics of the duds I had already decided against.

Oh thank you. But it wasn't as effortless as you might think. I bought 5 + pieces of fabric thinking they would work for the "next" step, only to find they really didn't. Made several "peek a boo" windows to try out different placements of different areas of the prints, made up different pentagons and tried them out and thought and asked opinions and thought some more and rearranged some more.

These were just a couple of the many cross roads pics and ideas I had before chosing, these were just the really good choices, didn't even take pics of the duds I had already decided against.
Well it is just stunning! how do you come up with the design? Is it a pattern, or do you make it up as you go?

I'm trying to change my avatar. I have pics on here that I use for that. I can find them when I choose the icon above, that you use to post a pic. But when I go to change avatar, it wants a url, or a choose from a file. Can someone tell me how to get them from here to there?

I'm trying to change my avatar. I have pics on here that I use for that. I can find them when I choose the icon above, that you use to post a pic. But when I go to change avatar, it wants a url, or a choose from a file. Can someone tell me how to get them from here to there?

I just changed my avatar, you go to my profile, your avatar will have a change box right under neath it,then brouse your computer for the pics you want.

My goodness I'm off the puter for a day and there is a new MR cloudburst of beautiful creations out here.

Congratulations to all the receivees and to all their wonderful makers who "hatched" them.
fenrosie I have to say I'm in the boat with you, I was so focused on getting the MR sent off in all the heat we were having that I plain forgot to send anything with mine also
hu.gif
I must apologies to Lacy Blues for that.

Kassaundra what a great job on your La Pass, I saw it on fb when your were asking for advice about the fabrics, I did not comment then because it such a quandary.
I liked the dots but was afraid they would overpower the center if they were in each space, you solved the problem beautifully. I just love this block
love.gif

A great 24 hrs all around.

I just changed my avatar, you go to my profile, your avatar will have a change box right under neath it,then brouse your computer for the pics you want.
My pics aren't anywhere on this computer. They are on my old one, but they are in the icon you use to post a pic in a thread. I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly. The little icon that looks like little mountains with a dot over them. That is where my avatar pics are. Not in the browse part of change my avatar. I'm going to try to copy and paste to see if that works.

My pics aren't anywhere on this computer. They are on my old one, but they are in the icon you use to post a pic in a thread. I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly. The little icon that looks like little mountains with a dot over them. That is where my avatar pics are. Not in the browse part of change my avatar. I'm going to try to copy and paste to see if that works.
Ok! I did it!! Copy and paste worked! And I thought of it all by myself! No Help!!! That's a biggie for me! Thanks Rustyhen!

I really want to go shopping for my fabric for the Christmas block!!! But I need to clean my house this afternoon. Dh has been on a fishing trip all week. He comes home tomorrow, so I need to make it look like I've been doing something! (I haven't~hehe) I wanted to have the yard mowed for him, but it has been raining here everyday off and on. I'm in the mood to do some deep cleaning, get rid of some things. Even if I'm not in the mood, it still needs done! Ha! That is my summer goal! I plan on having a big yard sale on labor day weekend.
fl.gif
We have sooo much stuff! My Dh's barn you can barely walk thru! We aren't hoarders, but we are not far from it!
big_smile.png
He is self-employed construction, so we have a lot of things from jobs, old windows, doors, pallets, lumber and such. We do recycle a lot of it, and keep it in case we need it. Our chicken coop is built from recycled barn wood from his moms old barn that fell down. The windows came from another job, so it is stuff we "might" need. But we could get rid of alot of it, so it is going! Then I will allow myself to give in to my fabric addictions!!
tongue.png
I know I'm rambling. I've had two cups of caffeine coffee, and I rarely drink that much coffee at once. This is what it does to me!!! I am a green tea drinker. Oh well, I had to have something so I could use my mug rug!!!!

OHhappychicks I'm glad that you worked it out for yourself that is always better then you can remember it.

Well here is my first try at La Pass, I just used fabrics from my stash, Kass am I doing this alright?
I think I will keep on with this ,I want something that will take a long time to work on and change colors all the time. A take with me type of project

Karen

Back
Top Bottom