Christmas in October block Swap

Thank you ladies! I have to learn the language!
smile.png

Wow Katsdar! Mind head is spinning!!
lol.png
The only thing I know for sure is there is double occupancy. We had 4 in our room. 2 twin beds and a queen. Each room has private bath. Look up her website. Just put in Bright Morning Star Bed & Breakfast in Shipshewana Indiana. You can see her place and all the rooms. As for all the other ideas, I'm not sure. Her room in the lower level is set up for about 10 for quilting. It actually looked like it could hold more, but with sewing machines, and fabric laying out, there might only be room for the 10, but I can check on that. Click on retreat for quilters and there are a few pics of it with ladies working on quilts. The room is 900 sq feet. Very spacious. The closest airport is either Indianapolis or Chicago. They are both about 2-3 hours away, so not sure about transportation to and from. As for the evening meal, she has an Amish friend who will cook a meal for us at her house. I don't think it is far from the b/b. That could be an option for the arrival meal. If you all figure out some of the particulars and get a basic plan, I would be glad to contact her to find out cost per person and so forth. There are several quilt shops in the area. I guess if we tell her what we want to do she can either get it together for us or direct us to the quilt shop that would do that for us. I'm not sure how she conducts the retreats, but I can find out.
look below rosie's for your answer, answering both of you in one.

Wow Kat! Your brain is in overdrive!
1f604.png

Although I would love to come I just can't comit right now. My Mother is getting frailer by the day and my sister and I are trying to keep her in her own home as long as we can but if you organise this and I can come I Will!

I was thinking maybe it would be better to plan for 2017, give the year to put this together, and maybe have more attendees I'll keep this on the back burner.
Found a pieced flower basket idea that isn't on point!!!! Seems like all the pieced ones are, and even better this one doesn't have one hst. One of the swappers fabrics is big flowers that would be best fussy cut, this will be the 3rd block of hers I am making and wasn't looking forward to the standard big center block for fussy cutting (I've done two already and almost everyone is doing some version of that for her) so I wanted to find a flower basket to "put" her fussy cut flowers into. Right now I am working on a hst autumn tree, when I finish that I will start on the basket.
pics please

And look what I found in the kitchen today! It's a Puss moth.
Pretty but are we excited? am I missing something here? Ok I had to google it cause I just did, interesting, and did we smash it after we gave it a drink
gig.gif
JK,JK my sick sense of humor

fenrosie~great photos! They are so clear! The moth against the backround! Wow! It couldn't have been better if you had planned it!

katsdar~We can definitely play it by ear! Maybe by 2017, everyone can have a better plan.

Kassaundra~ I love the tree~ I've never seen that pattern before. I may borrow that some time!

Sure, I "borrowed" it from a pic online. To make a 12.5 inch block the hst need to be 2.5 inches, you can play w/ the hst colors to make it any season you'd like. The one I saw was a spring tree.

Back
Top Bottom