Christmas in October block Swap

All the blocks I'm keeping now since they are the wrong size...12x12 exactly. Grrrrr
hmm.png
Could you square them down to 10 1/2 inches and then add a 2 inch strip all the way around and then square them down to 12 1/2 inches?

Or if you are super precise you could just add 1 1/2 inches all around after squaring to 10 1/2 inches. this way you get 12 1/2 inches. I hope my math is correct.

It seems like the styles you already made might lend itself to doing this.

Or maybe with some remove the outer border on the block and put a larger one on? I am just saying....

I like the colors of these blocks better then the gingerman and these are already made.

Last edited:
There's just so much beautiful going on in this thread. CAU, I got a little teary eyed!

I have been a bit slow lately. Apparently my l5 disk thought it would be a good idea to slap my sciatic nerve around for a while. All bad things bring something good, right? On my way back from my pre-op aappointment I stopped by a sewing shop and couldn't leave without a Janome Skyline. So awesome! .

I had been looking online but hadn't decided on a final machine, so this is it. I have quilt tops just waiting for it. My singer just literally couldn't sew through the fabric. Hopefully the post-op pain will be minimal so I can have some sewing time while off work, lol. It' just a llittle ol microdiscectomy.

Wish me luck on mending fast and getting them christmas blocks done.

There's just so much beautiful going on in this thread. CAU, I got a little teary eyed!

I have been a bit slow lately. Apparently my l5 disk thought it would be a good idea to slap my sciatic nerve around for a while. All bad things bring something good, right? On my way back from my pre-op aappointment I stopped by a sewing shop and couldn't leave without a Janome Skyline. So awesome! .

I had been looking online but hadn't decided on a final machine, so this is it. I have quilt tops just waiting for it. My singer just literally couldn't sew through the fabric. Hopefully the post-op pain will be minimal so I can have some sewing time while off work, lol. It' just a llittle ol microdiscectomy.

Wish me luck on mending fast and getting them christmas blocks done.
I hope you do have a speedy recovery
hugs.gif
, I googled your new machine nice I still am looking and doing research and went to the Bernina dealer to test out their machines. But no purchases will be made until after the wedding. I know you can't wait till you break out the new machine. I can't wait to see your projects,

All the blocks I'm keeping now since they are the wrong size...12x12 exactly. Grrrrr :/
Could you square them down to 10 1/2 inches and then add a 2 inch strip all the way around and then square them down to 12 1/2 inches? Or if you are super precise you could just add 1 1/2 inches all around after squaring to 10 1/2 inches. this way you get 12 1/2 inches. I hope my math is correct. It seems like the styles you already made might lend itself to doing this. Or maybe with some remove the outer border on the block and put a larger one on? I am just saying.... I like the colors of these blocks better then the gingerman and these are already made.
Ummm very precise? Nope! But maybe I can do some of that.... Lol

That's so true. I don't leave my scissors where anyone can see them. Everyone knows that I'll throw a fit if my scissors are touched

Lol about the scissors, me too!

Ok so I have a question I made a hst block...But I think I shoUld leave it how it is at 13 inches on one side and very close to 12 1/2 on the other (a bit over). Reason my pinwheels will become crooked if I trim the block myself...I feel I should let the recipient trim as they wish? I need to show it so you see what I mean... These aren't secret anyway right? If so every one knows what I'm doing...but y'all are teaching me so....sorry.

Here it is...

Please ignore my messy sewing room.....

Back
Top Bottom