Christmas in October block Swap

Anna6, love your blocks, you have such a good eye for color. I tried to send this yesterday but BYC would not take it.
hu.gif

Haven't you said before that you have a Go cutter or another one? which is easiest on the wrists, I'm having more trouble all the time seems like. I might have to invest in one very soon, maybe black Friday would be a good bet. So I need input
big_smile.png

Anna6, love your blocks, you have such a good eye for color. I tried to send this yesterday but BYC would not take it.
hu.gif

Haven't you said before that you have a Go cutter or another one? which is easiest on the wrists, I'm having more trouble all the time seems like. I might have to invest in one very soon, maybe black Friday would be a good bet. So I need input
big_smile.png
I own a Sizzix fabric cutter. http://memorieshearthappenings.blogspot.com/2010/08/sizzix-fabric-cutter.html

I can use any of the sizzix dies, all the fabric dies for the Accuquilt Go and most of the dies for the Accuquilt studio on my Sizzix Pro Shot Quilter's Edition.

Accuquilt Go is a pain to crank and the Accuquilt studio dies are cumbersome, large and heavy.

Accuquilt does now have an electric fabric dies cutter and is well worth a look if you have sever problems with cutting and or can't crank at all. You can use all the accuquilt Go dies but none of the Accuquilt studio dies. Several friends just got this machine and they like it.

Accuquilt Ellectric cutter-
http://www.accuquilt.com/shop/go-bi...s3DWQztllxKV2fqljj3jtiCZfBSM5cMHWYaAl_a8P8HAQ

for the Sizzix Pro Shot you want to buy the Quilter's Edition.
http://www.scrapbook.com/store/sz-6...a_K-2Ei-LNHwj-a0XOkVB0Q3E-75RuGmxAaAh608P8HAQ

Please feel free to contact me by pm. I use both Accuquilt and sizzix products. I made some mistakes with purchasing and hopefully I can help cut down on the confusion.

http://www.sizzix.com/catalog#q=Sizzix quilting

Last edited:
katsdar very pretty fabrics but no suggestions yet,are you going to pair them with solids?
Which class did you go to, did you get a new machine?
I was thinking about fussy cutting the poinsettia or getting red like the poinsettia, who knows, I will get started on that next week, I went to go to a class on the wack-n-stack, called one block wonders it is a little different on how you position the blocks and sew the blocks, my first class and I really enjoyed it. No I have not taken the plunge on a machine yet. There is a quilt show in Chattanooga, TN next week and their having deep discounts so I'm going to check them out. but since I will never buy another machine of that price I'm going to I think get a Bernina, looking at the 880 and I really would like to get the HQ sweet 16 but we will see what happens. I have not gotten to test drive either machine so I still have to do that.

OH Kat, I love those fabrics! I've got to get busy on my blocks! I've been so busy the last 6-8 weeks, but finally, I think, I can get back to the Christmas blocks. I haven't even got to go to the quilt shop to sew on my machine in all that time!!!!
hit.gif
I'm planning on going tomorrow, but DH has been out of town this week working and comes home tonight. If he goes to work in the morning, I'm going to go, but if he is to tired, or goes later, I may not go. They worked 4, 10 hour days this week. I think they are beat!! They have other jobs going on, so I think he will probably go to work tomorrow. I have most of the pieces cut out, but not all. If I don't get to go to the shop tomorrow, I'm just going to have to break down and use my old machine. It's ok, but after sewing on the new one, it's like going from a new cadillac to an old junker! Well, maybe not that bad, but almost!
big_smile.png
I'm going to work real hard to get them done in the next couple of weeks, starting tomorrow, whether I go to the shop or not. The more I look at my fabric, the more displeased I am with it, but will see how it goes together.

Anna6~I really love the leaf quilt! The different leaves and layout looks like they are drifting down on a beautiful fall day!! Lovely!! I would love to do a quilt like that. It would make a beautiful table clothe or runner! And place mats! Do you think a cameo, or cricut machine would work like the one you have? I've been thinking about getting one of those, after I get my sewing machine paid for, of course. Oh, the possibilities!!

OH Kat, I love those fabrics! I've got to get busy on my blocks! I've been so busy the last 6-8 weeks, but finally, I think, I can get back to the Christmas blocks. I haven't even got to go to the quilt shop to sew on my machine in all that time!!!!
hit.gif
I'm planning on going tomorrow, but DH has been out of town this week working and comes home tonight. If he goes to work in the morning, I'm going to go, but if he is to tired, or goes later, I may not go. They worked 4, 10 hour days this week. I think they are beat!! They have other jobs going on, so I think he will probably go to work tomorrow. I have most of the pieces cut out, but not all. If I don't get to go to the shop tomorrow, I'm just going to have to break down and use my old machine. It's ok, but after sewing on the new one, it's like going from a new cadillac to an old junker! Well, maybe not that bad, but almost!
big_smile.png
I'm going to work real hard to get them done in the next couple of weeks, starting tomorrow, whether I go to the shop or not. The more I look at my fabric, the more displeased I am with it, but will see how it goes together.

Anna6~I really love the leaf quilt! The different leaves and layout looks like they are drifting down on a beautiful fall day!! Lovely!! I would love to do a quilt like that. It would make a beautiful table clothe or runner! And place mats! Do you think a cameo, or cricut machine would work like the one you have? I've been thinking about getting one of those, after I get my sewing machine paid for, of course. Oh, the possibilities!!
Thank you for your kind words about the leaf blocks. I am not sure what a cameo or Cricut machine is but Accuquilt now has an electric machine that I have heard nothing but positive things about. http://www.accuquilt.com/shop/go-big-electric-fabric-cutter-starter-set.html

I think some other scanner type machines take only one cut at a time but I have no experience with them.

Thank you for your kind words about the leaf blocks. I am not sure what a cameo or Cricut machine is but Accuquilt now has an electric machine that I have heard nothing but positive things about. http://www.accuquilt.com/shop/go-big-electric-fabric-cutter-starter-set.html

I think some other scanner type machines take only one cut at a time but I have no experience with them.
Just checked out that link!! That machine is awesome!! Cutting out is my least favorite thing to do! I'm going to see how the Cameo does for that type of cutting. It is the same type, except it will cut out paper, vinyl, and fabric. I'm not sure about cutting particular quilt pieces like this one does. That is what I will have to check on. I'm usually a traditionalist on most things, but for quilting. The quickest and easiest way is how I like!
big_smile.png
I wish I liked to do the hand work, but I've tried it and I don't. My DMIL would do everything by hand, cut, sew and quilt. She was wonderful at it, but not me.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom