Christmas in October block Swap

Is anyone else working on their DP9 blocks from last swap? I just cut a whole bundle of strips to do this alternate version of a DP9.

http://www.unitednotions.com/MBS-off-the-grid-nine-patch.pdf

I have many other quilts to finish so for now it is a home made kit with all the blocks from the DP9 swap plus a bundle more since they whip up so fast. I printed out the Moda pattern and cut out the needed strips per directions. They are also in with the home made kit.

I'll post pictures once I get going on it and I have my first couple of blocks.

Not me, not yet, tho it would be a fast quilt. Thanks for sharing the pattern, pretty quilt. and eagerly awaiting pics.
I think mine used to be a fast quilt but by adding the strips I don't know. Oh well strips are all cut so now I am committed. I think when it is all done I will be happy I did this version.

Bad news is I smashed my finger in the truck door, so no sewing for a while. Should have h a d stitches but I waited too long. It's glued. Thought I had outgrown such clumsiness. I've still got it. :)

Good news: I'm feeling SO much better after back surgery, up and going like almost new. I have my Christmas blocks done. My DP9 patch is done except binding. Pics will be in other thread.

Those wedding pics! Just beautiful!

Is anyone else working on their DP9 blocks from last swap? I just cut a whole bundle of strips to do this alternate version of a DP9.

http://www.unitednotions.com/MBS-off-the-grid-nine-patch.pdf

I have many other quilts to finish so for now it is a home made kit with all the blocks from the DP9 swap plus a bundle more since they whip up so fast. I printed out the Moda pattern and cut out the needed strips per directions. They are also in with the home made kit.

I'll post pictures once I get going on it and I have my first couple of blocks.

I love that! Thanks for sharing. Added to my someday list. :)

Last edited:
Ok mug ruggers! If you pm me by 31st October if you have made a mug rug, include your address and then I will sort out who sends to who.
I am going to Greece for a week at the end of Oct and come back on the 31st, so all of you will be waiting in my pm mail box when I get back!
Doing it this way means that there is no pressure on anyone who gets behind and doesn't complete or if anyone wants to still join in, it's not to late!

I must start my Christmas blocks this week! Mary has finished hers and wants to get them in post! Help........

So snooping in someone's profile will do no good since we won't know who to send to huh?

Super sleuthing.... Not very good at that anyhow...:lau

Last edited:

so here is what I have been busy with. The hedgehog quilt for my already 8 month old grandson and an adorable scrappy 1930 reproduction print quilt for a friends baby girl.

So snooping in someone's profile will do no good since we won't know who to send to huh?

Super sleuthing.... Not very good at that anyhow...
lau.gif

Hahahaha I was thinking the same thing and am kind of at a loss. Well maybe make something you really like and if the recipient doesn't like it they can send it back? Fall theme is great as long as it is not Halloween for me atleast. I think Fall and thanksgiving oriented might be on the safer side.

Bad news is I smashed my finger in the truck door, so no sewing for a while. Should have h a d stitches but I waited too long. It's glued. Thought I had outgrown such clumsiness. I've still got it.
smile.png

Good news: I'm feeling SO much better after back surgery, up and going like almost new. I have my Christmas blocks done. My DP9 patch is done except binding. Pics will be in other thread.

Those wedding pics! Just beautiful!
Sorry to hear about your finger, but glad you are recovering well from your surgery.

so here is what I have been busy with. The hedgehog quilt for my already 8 month old grandson and an adorable scrappy 1930 reproduction print quilt for a friends baby girl.
WOW beautiful

Hahahaha I was thinking the same thing and am kind of at a loss. Well maybe make something you really like and if the recipient doesn't like it they can send it back? Fall theme is great as long as it is not Halloween for me atleast. I think Fall and thanksgiving oriented might be on the safer side.
Yeah, I was thinking the same so you could enjoy it all season long and yes make what you like and the person who gets it will be just thrilled, so don't worry I have never seen a bad MR.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the quilts.

I am already researching and found a theme for the mug rug. Yes, thank you for confirming to stay with something a little more neutral fall/thanksgiving. Indeed I like to have the mug rug out the whole year too.

Back
Top Bottom