Christmas in October block Swap

Just count it as oldtimers, but my mugrug is not from majack, but fenrosie!! It was there in plain site, but my brain didn't register! So thank you, thank you fenrosie!
hugs.gif
It is a beautiful mug rug! Here it is! I just love it!

wow how pretty, can't wait to see the rest, we are such a talented group

I also did not get my mug rug to the post office in time to mail today. It closes at noon on Saturdays. I will get it out on Monday. So just a few more days for my recipient!!
wink.png

I have a question for you experienced quilters. I'm making mug rugs for the gals at work. I'm appliqueing the design and I'm going to free motion snowflakes on the background. Should I quilt the whole background before I ad the applique? I hadn't planned on quilting the applique. It is a plain triangle christmas tree design. I'm doing them in gold and white. The trees are sparkling gold prints with a white background. I thought it would be easier to quilt before I add the applique. I'm just thinking about the back of the mug rug. Will it look weird if with the snowflakes and the tree outlined on the back? I know it probably doesn't matter, and I'm just talking it out in my head, but any imput would be most helpful. Thanks ladies!!

I free motion quilt, I just work around the applique. If its fiddly you could do the snowflakes and add your tree, I don't think it would be wrong. Free motion is so much fun.i love the outline effect

I got mine too! Thank you all so very much! They are each beautiful and I must say, there are a lot of talented quilters in this group! This will be a very special quilt. Again, thank you,

Carol

I free motion quilt, I just work around the applique. If its fiddly you could do the snowflakes and add your tree, I don't think it would be wrong. Free motion is so much fun.i love the outline effect
thank you keepmumsane! I'm thinking since it is such a small area, it might be easier to do the background first, and then add the applique. I'm not real experienced in free motion quilting, but I can do loops and wavy lines. The snowflakes might be a little more challenging for me. I love the way fmq looks. The dimension it adds is so interesting. Hope you are feeling stronger each day!

I rarely free motion quilt ( just sometimes cause I think I do it terrible, so I envy that) but appliqué all the time. I would quilt then appliqué just because I would want the appliqué to stand on its own. And I'm funny about crossing lines so I would not want to quilt over it. That's just me. My opinion is neither is wrong. It's personal preference my preference would be that I would want my outline of the appliqué to be crisp and not crossed so I would do it after.
263a.png

I rarely free motion quilt ( just sometimes cause I think I do it terrible, so I envy that) but appliqué all the time. I would quilt then appliqué just because I would want the appliqué to stand on its own. And I'm funny about crossing lines so I would not want to quilt over it. That's just me. My opinion is neither is wrong. It's personal preference my preference would be that I would want my outline of the appliqué to be crisp and not crossed so I would do it after.
263a.png
I did quilt the background first with the snowflakes. It turned out soo good! I really liked them. I will post a pic soon. The fmq was not hard at all. My new janome is a dream!

Back
Top Bottom