Christmas in October block Swap

Which Janome did you get? You might have posted but I can't remember.
I bought the skyline. I just love it. Its so quiet and smooth. So far my favorite part is the speed control. It is great for fmq. I haven't used but one of the decorative stitches. I used the blanket stitch yesterday. It was so easy.

thank you keepmumsane! I'm thinking since it is such a small area, it might be easier to do the background first, and then add the applique. I'm not real experienced in free motion quilting, but I can do loops and wavy lines. The snowflakes might be a little more challenging for me. I love the way fmq looks. The dimension it adds is so interesting. Hope you are feeling stronger each day! 

My first fmq I used metallic thread, that was a huge learning curve! The next one I wrote words on the border... surprisingly easy and fun. Its really cool in one of those varigated threads, they don't snap as often as metallics.
Oooo im all inspired now! Feeling pretty good thanks, was in at the hospital today for my herceptin, spent way too much at the fabric warehouse on the way home.... only a weee detour.... (giggling) ... simple pleasures of driving myself, lol
Would love to see what you made, sounds Gorgeous

Those are awesome, you should be proud!
Thank you Kassaundra! I am very pleased with the way they came out!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom