Christmas in October block Swap

The blocks arrived in England on Wednesday so whilst you were tucking into turkey I put them together with dark green sashing and red 'posts'. They look great. The fabrics are all harmonious and the blocks are all the same size, no fiddling at all. We are getting better and better. Now, which is my favourite block? Well, I can't tell you. No really, l mean I can't tell you. Whatever block I look at immediately becomes my favourite. These lovely blocks deserve a good finish so I am going to have a go at designing some poinsettias for the corners of the border and quilt some designs along the sides of the borders. Can't wait to take this to show and tell. I shan't wait to get the borders finished before I do.

Now, I have to tell you that I have received my mug rug today too, from Anna. It is so lovely - mushrooms which I am particularly fond of. How did you know Anna? The free machining is beautiful. I don't think I will dare to ever put a mug on it!

I will try and get some pictures up on the site, although they won't do any of the above justice, but my electronic stuff is playing up at the moment so it may be a couple of days.

I can't wait to see your quilt and your MR.

This is what I got from ohhappychicks, I just love it, it is so beautiful, but the pictures just doesn't do it justice.

the binding is gold and it just so perfect I wish you could see the gold in the pattern on the front

I can't wait to see your quilt and your MR.

This is what I got from ohhappychicks, I just love it, it is so beautiful, but the pictures just doesn't do it justice.

the binding is gold and it just so perfect I wish you could see the gold in the pattern on the front
Ahhh! I'm so happy you like it katsdar!

My adorable mug rug from Sandie, all the way from New Zealand, is here. I already have it in use with a hot cup of tea standing on it. Thank you! A long with the mug rug was a native flowers card from New Zealand. It is nice to get a small peek of another continent and country. The mug rug has beautiful quilting, hand stitching and pretty fabric including the back. Thank you for swapping with me Sandie.

Last edited:
The blocks arrived in England on Wednesday so whilst you were tucking into turkey I put them together with dark green sashing and red 'posts'. They look great. The fabrics are all harmonious and the blocks are all the same size, no fiddling at all. We are getting better and better. Now, which is my favourite block? Well, I can't tell you. No really, l mean I can't tell you. Whatever block I look at immediately becomes my favourite. These lovely blocks deserve a good finish so I am going to have a go at designing some poinsettias for the corners of the border and quilt some designs along the sides of the borders. Can't wait to take this to show and tell. I shan't wait to get the borders finished before I do.

Now, I have to tell you that I have received my mug rug today too, from Anna. It is so lovely - mushrooms which I am particularly fond of. How did you know Anna? The free machining is beautiful. I don't think I will dare to ever put a mug on it!

I will try and get some pictures up on the site, although they won't do any of the above justice, but my electronic stuff is playing up at the moment so it may be a couple of days.
I'd offer to post a picture but I can not find it right now. Are you able to get the camera to work?

OK I did find the pictures of the swap I send. Just let me know if you want me to post. Hopefully I won't forget again where on the computer I stuck them.
hmm.png

Last edited:

My adorable mug rug from Sandie, all the way from New Zealand, is here. I already have it in use with a hot cup of tea standing on it. Thank you! A long with the mug rug was a native flowers card from New Zealand. It is nice to get a small peek of another continent and country. The mug rug has beautiful quilting, hand stitching and pretty fabric including the back. Thank you for swapping with me Sandie.
Oh, how adorable! Just love the fabric! Love the theme! Good Job!!

Lovely to see all the mug rugs coming home to roost! Think there are just three of us waiting now, keep mum sane all the way down there in New Zealand, cold up north because her sender had put the rug in a safe place and couldn't remember where! It is on its way now and me because I forgot to tell my sender!
I was looking forward to getting my blocks today but Mary forgot to bring them!!!! I will get them on Thursday now so not tooooooo long to wait.

Mine arrived! Squeal!
Thanks so much Kat its totally beautiful, I just cant figure out photos from my tablet. I love it!
Gorgeous star block in rich colours, makes me happy looking at it.
Thank you for the delicious North american treat of peacan spread.... so spoilt.
Thanks also for the sweet owl majack and the wee hand quilting kit...perfect for my pocket on hospital days
So grateful

Ooo photo might have worked, the colours are much richer than this shows.
A delightful thing to find in my letter box
Yahhhhh

Back
Top Bottom