Chronicles of Raising Meat Birds - Modern Broilers, Heritage and Hybrids

I have the room on my property, but I don't want to have to build a separate pen just to put Bantam's in.
Ahj, okay, that makes sense. I thought just because they were bantams. The Cornish bantams work for me cause I can breed for show and just eat the ones that don't fit and they get big fast. Mine were hatched in the middle of March and already pretty close to full size for some and at full size for most

Ahj, okay, that makes sense. I thought just because they were bantams. The Cornish bantams work for me cause I can breed for show and just eat the ones that don't fit and they get big fast. Mine were hatched in the middle of March and already pretty close to full size for some and at full size for most

I just breed here for purpose, not for show.

I just breed here for purpose, not for show.
Yeah, it seems a lot of people do. I like the idea of showing, so if figured that Cornish would be good because again, they're more meat birds than egg birds and they're small enough that I can do the butchering myself but aren't skin and bones like my egg laying breeds

Yeah, it seems a lot of people do. I like the idea of showing, so if figured that Cornish would be good because again, they're more meat birds than egg birds and they're small enough that I can do the butchering myself but aren't skin and bones like my egg laying breeds

I don't have anything against other's raising for show. It's just not for me. Good luck with showing your's!

Back
Top Bottom