Chronicles of Raising Meat Birds - Modern Broilers, Heritage and Hybrids

Same here. I love seeing others show birds, but it’s not for me. I just like crossing my purebreds and creating meat birds and layers.

I’m back up to 9 eggs a day! Plus 3 quail eggs!
6-8 quail eggs a day, 2 mystery pullet eggs every day and 3-4 bantam eggs and 2-4 standard eggs a day so far

I like making crosses just cause I'll always get a surprise. Can't wait for my turkens to be able to start breeding. Got a huge one that might be a male or female (obviously one or the other, but I'm not sure yet) and they're a keeper for sure. 2x as big as their brother

It's interesting, I was reading my standard and it said 'When all other points between two birds are equal, the smaller specimen will be awarded the placing' for their bantam cornish. Figuring because even though they're meatish birds, they're bantams and that way they don't get bigger and bigger

6-8 quail eggs a day, 2 mystery pullet eggs every day and 3-4 bantam eggs and 2-4 standard eggs a day so far

I like making crosses just cause I'll always get a surprise. Can't wait for my turkens to be able to start breeding. Got a huge one that might be a male or female (obviously one or the other, but I'm not sure yet) and they're a keeper for sure. 2x as big as their brother
I have turken eggs hatching in Sunday, but it’s a mystery what they’ll look like because they’ve been breeding with other breeds.

Just got an email from McMurray Hatchery. for July 27th the Delaware broilers are in stock. If I was not moving I would grab another 25 as this enhanced breed really has impressed me so far.
AHHHHH. you made me go look! I think my DH would disown me if I brought home any more right now.... still have close to 100 cx in various stages of growing. and of course the 4h/ffa projects for the girls. and the grow outs for my layers

Back
Top Bottom