Chronicles of Raising Meat Birds - Modern Broilers, Heritage and Hybrids

For those who cut off all but the mini drumstick of the wings, you don't want to do this with this breed. The twin bone wing is huge, more meet than the wing drumstick on a Cornish X, four or five bites worth it feels like.

A few bites less for you on that one, sounds like!:drool I can picture you feeling his wings, and counting how many bites . . .

Fellow wing nuts I see! I do love the wings and dark meat on heritage birds.

Fellow wing nuts I see! I do love the wings and dark meat on heritage birds.
I was just doing the same thing with these little Barred Hollands, tiny wings! Lots of pinfeathers still, but starting to crow! Tiny guys on the BBQ soon to join this thread, looks like. Dual purpose breed, boys are meat. I want to see how they compare to leghorns, hope they are not too loud by 10 weeks!

I was just doing the same thing with these little Barred Hollands, tiny wings! Lots of pinfeathers still, but starting to crow! Tiny guys on the BBQ soon to join this thread, looks like. Dual purpose breed, boys are meat. I want to see how they compare to leghorns, hope they are not too loud by 10 weeks!

I got some NN boy's down here that you can do. ;)

Do I have to bring a bigger car to come and get those big guys?

I was amazed at how small your car is. These boy's are the from that same hatch back in June, so you can judge what you would need by the biggest one that you got from me out of that. There's also a NN boy here that is a month older than they are, and you can take him also.

Oh, and I have not heard any of them try to crow yet.

I was amazed at how small your car is. These boy's are the from that same hatch back in June, so you can judge what you would need by the biggest one that you got from me out of that. There's also a NN boy here that is a month older than they are, and you can take him also.
side.JPG

Enough room for a good size dog crate in back, ought to hold 6-8 cockerels that size. Or I can do what the hurricane evacuation guys did, put them in newspaper wrapping!
1598110356583.png

Back
Top Bottom