You already have birds from Southwest and want more from a different breeder?

You already have birds from Southwest and want more from a different breeder?
No, I was just wondering because if I ever payed that much for a coloration I would want to be able to breed them. Do you know if albino quail are always blind? Thx,

No, I was just wondering because if I ever payed that much for a coloration I would want to be able to breed them. Do you know if albino quail are always blind? Thx,
Why couldn't you breed birds all bought from the same place?
Are you thinking you can only breed birds that are bought from two different places?

Why couldn't you breed birds all bought from the same place?
Are you thinking you can only breed birds that are bought from two different places?
Because I was hoping if possible not to inbreed them. Even though technically they would probably still be related. I didn't know much about albino quail. I probably won't get these then since it would be sad having blind quail. Thx for responding to my thread, I didn't think anyone would.

When dealing with recessive genes it's always going to be a 'toss up'. If both parent birds have the recessive gene then the likelihood of the offspring being blind will be on a magnitude greater, than if one parent does not have the recessive gene.

As I understand it from what I've read (I'm not an expert by any stretch) but I think ud only start experiencing problems generation's into the closed line adding one or two Cinnies into the mix shouldn't corrupt the bloodlines as much as u seem to think ... maybe just get one cinnie female and monitor who her mate is? Cherry pick a dominant gene male and pair them off separately before adding her to ur colony? There are ways to reduce the risk of producing lethal babies xx

Back
Top Bottom