~***CITY/SUBURBAN FOLK THREAD***~ Not all of us are clueless!

Hey Marty! You're lucky! Two acres? Ha! I wish there was still 1/2 acre left to buy in my town.
Not even a 1/2 acre left? That sucks. I'm urban "homesteading" on about a acre in town right now. Could be more if my neighbors decide to finally move
pop.gif

Last edited:
Shadow Rabbit10 - I'm so glad you started this thread. Your totally right, even city folks have a clue to their own business I guess. My grandma raised oodles of birds here. I suppose this place has had chickens for its entire existance.
Hey Marty! You're lucky! Two acres? Ha! I wish there was still 1/2 acre left to buy in my town.
Wow, where do you live? I didn't know Jersey was so devoid of space in its cities, but being East coast, I suppose things would be a lot different. How do you keep your birds?
Not even a 1/2 acre left? That sucks. I'm urban "homesteading" on about a acre in town right now. Could be more if my neighbors decide to finally move
pop.gif
I'm with you! The guy who owned this place in the 60s sold of about 78 acres of what was left of 80. About five of them next door are gonna be mine again darn it. There is NOTHING THERE. Just big empty space. I'm guessing money have to do the talking here. Good luck with the place next door!

Shadow Rabbit10 - I'm so glad you started this thread. Your totally right, even city folks have a clue to their own business I guess. My grandma raised oodles of birds here. I suppose this place has had chickens for its entire existance.
Wow, where do you live? I didn't know Jersey was so devoid of space in its cities, but being East coast, I suppose things would be a lot different. How do you keep your birds?
I'm with you! The guy who owned this place in the 60s sold of about 78 acres of what was left of 80. About five of them next door are gonna be mine again darn it. There is NOTHING THERE. Just big empty space. I'm guessing money have to do the talking here. Good luck with the place next door!
Hopefully they'll let you but them! That's how I ended up with the few surrounding lots around me. After the house beside me burned down a few years ago they were desperate to sell most of the surrounding area.

Marty- I just live in an extremely small town. It was once a farming town long ago, but when farmers (like my grandpa) needed money, they sold off parts of their land for people's houses. So sad... My home is about 1/4 an acre, but my house and pool takes most of that up. I keep my chickens in my garden, and my sideyard. Free ranging became illeagle in my town so we built them a huge run that takes up the only land I have left. I have a frontyard, but we can't keep them there.

I live in the burbs in the Chicagoland area. I only have two chickens currently, but when I'm old enough to get out of the house (right after or during college) than I will buy a house somewhere again in the burbs, and own 8 chickens with a huge coop that is good for me get married to a beautiful girl have kids and live luxurious... When my I get married I'm gonna get a medium sized house and have a VERY WELL paying job and own an even BIGGER coop and let the kids have fun with them, meanwhile we will still live the city reality life and know that chickens aren't our WHOLE life... Hahahaha I got it all planned out :D

Last edited:
All city dwellers are Welocme here! I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this yet?

Me too! We live country, country, country where most people keep animals and we have few of the issues you folk musy have to deal with. You need to get together. Don't do a city version of the 'What's the dumbest thing .....' though. That's country hick humour.
wink.png

Funny. I was raised on a truely rural farm/ranch in Kansas. Now, still in Kansas, I live on the edge of a collage town, and have more birds than anyone in town, except perhaps the rest home, that has geese by the dozens at its lake all summer long. I suppose I have 60 birds. I have the best of both words. Birds everywhere, and some good ones. Big house, 1876 barn (a big one) and Im 4.5 minutes from Taco Bell, Sonic, Arbys, Braums, Dairy Queen, Chinese food, BBQ, and the bowling alley!

Back
Top Bottom