Clean chicken backsides

Fun Chicks

In the Brooder
Aug 13, 2017
What is the best way to clean chicken bottoms? My girls have some serious build up on their fluffy exteriors which of course gets on the eggs. Can I spray their backsides down ? There are about 8 that could use a cleaning .
thank you

Hi there! I have constantly ran in to this problem, and solved it with a simple resolution. I took a bucket and filled it with Luke- warm water and some suds. Then, I dipped their bottoms into the bucket and, with a gloved hand, gently pulled of some off the buildup. This should help with the problem.

What is the best way to clean chicken bottoms? My girls have some serious build up on their fluffy exteriors which of course gets on the eggs. Can I spray their backsides down ? There are about 8 that could use a cleaning .
thank you
First, look at why they have dirty butts.
Are their poops juicy?
Might looks at diet.

Some birds just have fluffy butt feathers, those I trim back to about 1/2" from the skin.
Way easier than soaking and scrubbing, did that once, never again :sick

I just trim off some of the fluff under the vents. Far quicker and easier and thus less stressful than trying to bathe them, and the results will last as long as it takes for them to grow the feathers back.

Back
Top Bottom