Clean legged Brahmas???

Cindy Kay

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 19, 2012
This is probably a foolish question, and I have attempted to find an answer via this forum and google. Are there any varieties of clean legged Brahmas? I really want a couple Brahma hens, but the feathers on the feet and legs absolutely creep me out. Does anyone know of any breeder growing Brahmas or hybrids with clean legs?

From all my years of experience I've never seen of heard of a clean footed brahma, but if you want a chicken that looks like one, the white Sussex looks like a light brahma. Hope this helps

What characteristics of them is it you DO want - it may be that there are breeds that are clean legged that would possess the characteristics you desire.

I like that they are big and sweet and slow. I also like the peculiar way they stand. Do feathered feet and legs not creep anyone else out?

I like that they are big and sweet and slow. I also like the peculiar way they stand. Do feathered feet and legs not creep anyone else out?
idunno.gif
- I adore feathered feet/legs. So you like a big, sweet, slow bird.....with clean legs......any particular colors or patterns that you do or don't like?

Last edited:
I like them ALL! ...Except the IBBs (iddy biddy birds) and the naked necks and silkies.

Super old thread. But a Wyandotte is close in appearance to a Brahma without feathered legs. I agree, I hate the feathered feet. Otherwise a beautiful breed. So much for the “standards”!

Back
Top Bottom