cleaning and selling duck eggs?

I don't sell my duck eggs and I only give mine to my friends and family at this point, but I will tell you that I don't have the heart to leave my duck eggs looking so poopy and muddy, so I take an old magic eraser- you know the ones for scrubbing the wall- and rinse out any cleaning agents in them and use a touch of dawn dishwashing detergent and clean them, those eggs come out so pretty! I wash mine promptly and put them in the refrigerator. That may be taboo for some people but If I cant' look at them I sure can't stomach eating them. :)

I do not sell my eggs but I share with some friends. I use cold water in a bucket and one of those curly round metal scrubber ( not brillo pads) I do not know why but I was concerned about using warm of hot water.
As most of you have said if my ducks lay in the grass or dry straw great if not it takes a little more. All of the mud/poop comes off but sometime I noticing a bit of a grey color that sometimes remains.
I typically refrigerate as I thought that made them last longer but it sounds like that does not matter.

Back
Top Bottom