Clipped wings, still flies

SometimesCraftr

Songster
6 Years
Jun 25, 2013
SW Washington State
We are trying to corral the chickens in the barnyard for the summer so they leave our garden (and the neighbors) alone. Last night we clipped one of the roosters wings and this morning he hopped flew over the 5' fence like it was no big deal. The hens all followed (but we haven't clipped their wings yet since they just follow him). It's too big an area to net over the top, are there any other suggestions on what I can do to stop his flying out? We just clipped the one side, so being off balance doesn't bother him at all.

Lol. Ya I have leghorns and that clipping one wing doesn't even slow them down going over 6' fencing.
I clip both and short.

Lol. Ya I have leghorns and that clipping one wing doesn't even slow them down going over 6' fencing.
I clip both and short.

He's a big one like leghorns, so I think that is why he can still get over. I guess we'll try both wings. I thought we got the one wing as short as we can, but i'll take a look again. The idiot wont stay out of the fields, so he's going to be coyote food if he can't keep to the barnyard.

Back
Top Bottom