Closed!! 2011 Spring Seed Swap

bockbock2008

Why do they call me crazy??
11 Years
Dec 30, 2008
Southwest Indiana
Disclaimer
This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes "wrong" or a deal goes "bad". If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose.
The BYC Staff is sensitive because some past swaps have not worked out. We want our members to feel comfortable having fun with these and other social interactions, but please keep in mind that there were issues with some organizers and swappers not following through on their commitments in the past.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED!!!!!Entry deadline is Monday, February 28, 2011.
2. IF U DO NOT SEND A BUBBLE ENVELOPE YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE ONE IN RETURN, this is the only way anyone will not get one back. I'm the hostess but will also be swapping with you.
3. Each person is to send 6 packets of seeds decorated with spring theme. You can use stickers, color them, draw them, print your own seed packets ect. Be creative and have fun!! Seeds can be home grown, bought or store bought but must be from last year or present, nothing older. Seeds must be flowers, fruits, vegatables, trees, shrubs ect. send all 6 packets the same kind or 6 different packets of seeds your choice.
4. Put your byc name on your seed packets so i don't send you the same ones back. Make sure you put common names on them, color ect so we know what the seeds are. My only limit on seeds is try to stay away from invasives and nothing unknown.
5. After i get all the bubble envelopes in i will swap everyones stuff around. This means you will each recieve 6 different seed packets back.
6. Sign up below now and I'll update this as needed with who is in.
7. BE's are self addressed stamped bubble envelopes, please use 4 x 6" size approx. this is to protect your goodies, include a return label and return postage in stamps or money so i can send you your be's back in same envelopes. If postage is not included it will not be sent back until I recieve it. Send for postage what it costs to ship your be's plus a stamp to make sure it covers it. Once everyone is signed up I'll pm everyone my address to ship thier seeds too. If I missed anything please ask.
8. Please include in your envelope a note with things you are wanting and anything you don't want. I'm not going to guarantee 100% satisfaction, but I'll try to meet your requests.

Have fun!!!!
bockbock2008

DEADLINE' S-

Signups until February 28th.

To mail your BE's out to me is March 3rd. Shipping early is fine.

I will ship back no later than March 11. If i get them all early I will ship them back sooner.

IF I DON'T HAVE YOUR SEEDS BY MARCH 11TH, YOU WILL GET YOUR SEEDS BACK!!!

Participant include:
kelseygirl707-SEEDS RECEIVED
Carols Clucks-SEEDS RECEIVED
bockbock2008-SEEDS READY TO GO
babieblues-SEEDS RECEIVED
ohiogoatgirl
BlackBrookPoultry -SEEDS RECEIVED
paddock36 -SEEDS RECEIVED
lil'turkeymama-SEEDS RECEIVED
gmendoza-WITHDRAWN
happyhappy-SEEDS RECEIVED
aussieheelr-SEEDS RECEIVED
urbanfarmer101-SEEDS RECEIVED
minniechicks-WITHDRAWN
Bammony
Sumatra503-SEEDS RECEIVED
dbunni
tamsflock-SEEDS RECEIVED
farmerlor
ChickyLaura-SEEDS RECEIVED
Stevenson-SEEDS RECEIVED
aria122
math ace-SEEDS RECEIVED

Last edited:
Oooh Oooh, I'm In!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Yes, you can enter more than once as long as we get enough people
tongue.png

And how many seeds?? I guess similar to what you might get if you bought a packet?? Hadn't really thought about that one. Any suggestions that would be more precise?

I had an idea:

For example

I want a variety of hot peppers, but do not need all 50 seeds in a package since I really only want 2 or 3 plants. If I bought one package, kept the 10 seeds I want, and repacked the other 40 seeds with a copy of the labeling, that is 4 packages that can be split up. Rather than buying 5 packages of the same kind with the plan of sharing 4 of them (keeps costs low). If 4 other people did the same thing, we could all trade our 10 seed packages and each have 5 kinds of pepper seeds.

There are a lot of plants you only need a few seeds to have tons of veggie, from tomatoes, eggplants, beans, zucchinni, gourds...

On the other hand, I have a quart sized baggie of hollyhock seeds-saved from last years plants. Probably more than everyone participating would need. But they are fun to plant around the chicken coop because once they get big, the chickens leave them alone. Those I could package in to 20 small packages and everyone participating would have one.

What about trading smaller amounts of specialty seeds and larger amounts of home grown saved seeds?

I am off the the grafting clinic on this bright sunny Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom