Cluck if you are from the San Francisco Bay Area

Im not from the Bay Area but not too far either. Im from Fairfield and new to everything chicken. Im loving it though and learning as I go along.
big_smile.png

I'm in San Francisco. We have four 7-week old chicks soon to move out back to their new coop. We got them from Ranch Hag Hens in Petaluma. I look forward to staying in touch with other local chicken folks.

Hi SF Chick, and everyone else.

We're in SF (really) and we have (4) chicks ranging from 4-6 weeks. Sounds like have similar breeds: Black Australorp, Plymouth Barred Rock, Red Sex Link and Buff Orpington.

Hi sfchixn, it does sound like our chicks are a match. I'm guessing you're on the sunny side of the city if you drove down south. Mill Valley is close for me. Do you have a coop yet?

I'm close to Boulder Creek, if you've heard of that... (in the redwoods close to Santa Cruz)

AND I HAVE SOME BIRDS FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Layers:
-Two Year Old California Grey
-One year old RS yokohama
-one year old Silver Lakenvelder
-one year old Buff Minorca
-9 month old Gold Sex Link

Roosters:
Red Pyle OEG, one year old
Porcelain Dutch Bantam, one year old

Greetings from lovely Suisun City, CA! We have 2 wonderful hens, a full sized silver spangled hamburg and a little dutch black tailed buff bantam. They were my daughters FFA show hens but she graduated this year so now they are backyard inhabitants
smile.png

HI, I was a resident of both peninsula and East Bay for several years, in the 90s. I'm a southern CA native, now transplanted, and loving it, to MT. I do miss being able to go to all the great things in SF, but most of all, I miss the OCEAN!! There's just nothing like it in the world; no lake holds a candle. Keep up that chicken raising. I grew up in southern CA, when I could ride my horse from one end of town to the other. There probably aren't too many towns like that left in CA.
sad.png

Gorgeous area where you live. I lived over the hill from you-Redwood City area, and loved to hit the beach. What is a California Grey? And, is your Yoko mean. My 2 aren't mean to people (they'd be stew, if they were), but they're starting to really chase the other chickens. Actually, pullets, I guess, is it hormonal? Most of the others may peck at their heads, but these Y's chase the others all around the yard!!
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom