Cluckawalla Valley has moved! TAKE THE QUIZ, PG 23!

The Sheriff

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Northern CA
but not to the yellow house on three acres with the cool coops. It needed $50,000 in repairs and appraised at $30,000 less than the selling price. We rescinded our offer when the bank wouldn't budge but $10,000 on the price.

So we bought a bank foreclosure on five acres of neglected property.

34566_land.jpg

It has a 3,000 sq ft barn style home, completely remodeled inside.

34566_10056219.jpg

There is a one bedroom guest house above the garage in the back.

34566_bluebaby-22.jpg

This will be the chicken's view of the house from their coop and yard.

34566_bluebaby-29.jpg

There was on old barn on the property but I had it torn down. We saved the 8 inch thick cement pad and are having an 18x32 barn constructed. 180 sq ft of it will house my chickens.

34566_bluebaby-31.jpg

I saved the workbench for my brooders and incubators which will be used in the shed/storage side of the barn. It has electric and water!

34566_bluebaby-23.jpg

We have access to a miner's inch of water from the irrigation canal running across our property. Next week a 40 x 60 ft pond, 8 feet deep will be dug and the pastures trenched and piped for irrigation.

34566_10056219_19.jpg

We also have a well for drinking water. I am so excited to get up there and become a real farmer! I might have trouble posting updates because there is NO internet out there! When I ask neighbors, they say they drive into town, 2 miles to Starbucks for the WiFi. We have slow access through our Verizon air card so this could be very challenging!

The barn builder set up a temporary 8x8 shed for me to house the chickens and I put in an electric poultry netting run, just until the shed/bar/coop structure is done.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot get DSL where I live, for some STUPID reason. (AT&T says I am 1,000 feet past the demarc, which I am, but there is copper and fiber run PAST our property on 3 sides!) I can't handle dial up, so I have HughesNet satellite service where I live.

It's pricey.... but it's worth it to me. Doesn't tie up a phone line, is screaming fast, and - I think - kinda cool. If you have a clear view of the southern sky, you can use satellite Internet access.

Just thought I'd mention that whilst I grind my teeth with envy at the new Chuckawalla Valley Prison location.

Ummm, where's the inside pictures of the house? I'll be expecting a tour of the new barn when it's finished. How 'bout we pick up coffee then I see your new place? (when you're done unpacking of course)

Looks great BTW. I've always loved that area with the rolling hills. It was too pricey for us when we got married, which is why we are where we are.

Wow, what a nice property, and the house looks great, too! I look forward to seeing what you do with it, it looks like there is plenty of promise there.
big_smile.png
Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom