Coccidiosis

crazybirdlady27

Hatching
Apr 24, 2016
Hoping someone can help me.
I raised a batch of hatchery chicks a few months ago in my brooder. They were fed medicated starter, water changed 2x a day with frequent addition of vitamins/electrolytes/probiotics, and bedding changed regularly. Not overcrowded. However they got coccidiosis and more than half died in less than a week, even on Sulmet.
Fast forward to now - I'm raising all of my own chicks that I hatched other than FOUR chicks from a hatchery. They were on medicated for the first couple weeks then switched to flock raiser when they went in with the goslings and game bird chicks. All care is the same. Everything was fine, then the day before yesterday I noticed some blood in one chick's droppings (can't figure out exactly which one). I moved them inside from the barn brooder and put down paper towels, and one seems to be pooping just blood. Of course they have been on Sulmet and light probiotics. Everyone is happy and energetic with the exception of maybe a couple younger ones that MIGHT be sleeping a little more than usual but are mostly acting fine.
Should I try to find the one pooping blood and isolate it? Can it get better at this point? What is the best course of action? I don't understand how this happened for the second time in a row. Only my brooder chicks have ever been affected by this.

Back
Top Bottom