Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
Would love to see pics. I am not very good with the computer, but if I can get my daughter up here I will post some of my flock. How much do you want for your roo? I need to join some clubs. Have had chickens all my life,...but now interested in the bantams. I have MF d'uccles, cochins, and seramas. I live close to you and could pick up Flirty this weekend.
Also...went to a show in Victorville a few months ago. How much better is the show in Ventura?
Ventura is much bigger and is a National show.I also raise and show silkies, seramas (I have an awesome frizzle Cocopop cockerel for sell too.) He was Best AOV at Stockton (the national Bantam show) and scored very well on Table top.

Flirty.... He is less than a year,and is directly from Master Breeder Sheryl Butler in Washington. I had him shipped down..

Last edited:
He is beautiful...how much do you want for him? If we agree upon a price ...I am free all of Sat and after 2 PM on Sun. Please let me know if either of these days works for you. We only live about 30 min from each other, and I could stop by and visit my sisters the same day. They live right off of Mullberry.

Hi I'm fairly new to chickens and just got these two today are they cochins? They are bantams for sure.

The show in Ventura is the semi -national American Poultry Assoc meet held at the Ventura County Fair gorunds.......I have an excellant SQ white frizzle cockerel ready now......He place 1st in his class at the national Bantam show in Stockton this January He is truly adorable......named him Flirty .If you would like to see pictures,let me know
wink.png
I live in Ventura! I have tried to find out info about the show, with little luck. I am new to the chicken community here so have not made many connections. I am actually looking to purchase 2-3 babies or youngins to start my mini flock. Is the Ventura show they place to buy peepers or should I keep pestering my local feed stores? I know about dare2dream farms in Lompoc, if I can not find them closer to home then I will probably drive up to Lompoc.

I am actually really excited to find more chicken people!

I live in Ventura! I have tried to find out info about the show, with little luck. I am new to the chicken community here so have not made many connections. I am actually looking to purchase 2-3 babies or youngins to start my mini flock. Is the Ventura show they place to buy peepers or should I keep pestering my local feed stores? I know about dare2dream farms in Lompoc, if I can not find them closer to home then I will probably drive up to Lompoc.

I am actually really excited to find more chicken people!
Mia, ventura show is April 13th....it is one day. Some people have chicks of different breeds but if it is a cochin frizzle you are looking for....they are hard to come by. What color are you looking for.....My niece is in Orcutt and will be starting a blue frizzle project soon,she is in FFA......but how quickly she will be producing chicks is not for sure. If you are just looking for pet quality,your feed store would be your best bet. But hatchery sell out of bantam breeds very quickly,so you shoud ask them to add some for you to thier next order. Some breeders will ship chicks( usually over a month old) but shipping started birds is an additional expense.
As to more chicken people....if you are on FB,look up a group called "California poultry people"....it is a great group of poultry lovers at many levels of knowledge . Hope this info helps and good luck

Here is my blue bantam cochins, I am trying to figure out what is the black one is, I know I bought that chick as a blue, but its black, plus look at its wing feathers, it is different then the rest of them.

And also I have two americaunas and one maran

And I had to share this, that what great us every morning, never failing. Those are three brothers that we had hatched, they never wanted to be around people, they are skittish around us, but they got this habit of coming every morning to see what we are doing.

Hi! I'm wondering when my frizzle cochin can start to hang around outside for a bit? It's right around 45-55 degrees during the day here and she'll be 4 weeks old this weekend. My houdan and polish (her chick buddies) are almost all feathered out and 3X the size of her - they are getting close to ready to go to the grow out pen! I wish I had of gotten a little silkie chick to keep her company, I didn't realize just how much smaller the cochin banties were!

Here is my blue bantam cochins, I am trying to figure out what is the black one is, I know I bought that chick as a blue, but its black, plus look at its wing feathers, it is different then the rest of them.

I bought some Bantams that have those funky feathers too. Very cute!!

And also I have two americaunas and one maran

And I had to share this, that what great us every morning, never failing. Those are three brothers that we had hatched, they never wanted to be around people, they are skittish around us, but they got this habit of coming every morning to see what we are doing.

Back
Top Bottom