Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

My five month old pullet laid her first egg on Thursday, second egg on Friday. Trimmed her fluff Friday night hoping for fertile eggs. If she doesn't go broody, do new layers lay every day on average?

My five month old pullet laid her first egg on Thursday, second egg on Friday. Trimmed her fluff Friday night hoping for fertile eggs. If she doesn't go broody, do new layers lay every day on average?

I get up to 5-6 eggs per week when a young bird is laying her hardest. Mine generally do not lay that hard for long but occasionally there are a few over achievers. Congratulations.

FYI. When I trim a bird for breeding I trim the male from teh vent area down and the hens from the vent area up. It is a lot of feathers but it works

I think the black one will become mottled after first moult
Can anyone help tell me if my girls are actually girls and what their specific color is. I know the black one is a frizzle but it has the white tips and white on her chest. The other one almost looks a lavender or blue not really sure tho. Thanks for the help

Hi I have 2 buff Cochins and I would to know if these cutie pies are females they are about 4 weeks Thank you

Calicos. But can not just create in one generation.
It may look like one can but the first Calico generation could throw anything when having babes. Best to make sure they are having Calicos after three generations of mixing unrelated calicos.

Back
Top Bottom