Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I raise some mille /calico,black,red,blue and I have some barred.I have exactly one mottle at this point but am planning to add to that. Eventually I am phasing out the barred ones completely. I am aiming at obtaining Buff Columbian, more mottles,Partridge and black tailed red sets. I am wanting to get them with the best type possible to continue my mille program. I am working on two different setups in regards to the colors used. At any rate here are a few of my current fellows.

Oooooh man!

I'm making a huge bantam Cochin egg omelet!!!!
16 eggs big with 3 meats and 2 cheese and tators and onions.

Can't wait till it done to dig in!!!

WOW, now your talking, i love big omelets! I use mushrooms too, what kind of meats are you using?
I am stuck in a rut of just using bacon or ham...what else?

Oh no. I messed up big time.

I set a new rat trap last light and I have some 2 month olds that can get out of coop and run around barn. These are my prized blue mottled I got from Amy from west knoll. Well out of 7 chicks only 2 where pullets.
Anyway... The prettiest of the 2 pullets fell victim to the rat trap and just found her dead. Oh this sucks so bad as she was a future breeder bird for me and darn it a pullet to boot.

I have such bad luck when it comes to raising my best ones.
So sad and hope it ended fast so she didn't suffer.

I set a new rat trap last light and I have some 2 month olds that can get out of coop and run around barn. These are my prized blue mottled I got from Amy from west knoll. Well out of 7 chicks only 2 where pullets.
Anyway... The prettiest of the 2 pullets fell victim to the rat trap and just found her dead. Oh this sucks so bad as she was a future breeder bird for me and darn it a pullet to boot.

Aw I am so sorry. My heart literally sunk reading this, its always your favorites that have to go!

Oh I know it.
It never fails. I love all my birds but there always will be favorites and I never fails that something always seems to happen one way or the other.

I always tell newbies to chickens. If its your fav or you name it.... Something will happen to it. And darn it. The 1 I liked the most of these seven... It happened to me.
And oh boy was she nice too. Perfectly round and just the prettiest med blue with spots everywhere.

Oh I know it.
It never fails. I love all my birds but there always will be favorites and I never fails that something always seems to happen one way or the other.

I always tell newbies to chickens. If its your fav or you name it.... Something will happen to it. And darn it. The 1 I liked the most of these seven... It happened to me.
And oh boy was she nice too. Perfectly round and just the prettiest med blue with spots everywhere.
Yep. I always try to will myself not to choose favs, but my mind always does, and of course they're the ones who have to get predated or sick. Again, I'm sorry. My little favorite mottle cochin baby had to die. Don't know why she just died all the sudden :(

Oh no! Sorry to hear that.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom