Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I'll try to post some pics of everybody sometime today!
Try to get clear pictures of the feathers so we can see if they are laced or not. It will help to get clear pictures of the feathering on their necks. Self blues won't have darker feathering on their necks while blues will.

1 - Mottled Hen
2 - Same chick as in 1
3 - Same chick's wing
4 - Black (or blue) hen
5 - Same chick's wing
6 - Same chick's feathering

1 - Mottled Hen
2 - Same chick as in 1
3 - Same chick's wing
4 - Black (or blue) hen
5 - Same chick's wing
6 - Same chick's feathering
I don't know what to say about the mottled. Mottled spots should be just the tip of the feather in a 'V' shape, not full white feathers. I don't see any feathers on that chick that are correctly marked. A mottled gets lighter with age, and there is so much white on that bird already....

The second bird is a dark blue, not a black.

No, Not completely. I do think it could get drastically better though. But not to where it needs to be.
I didn't think they ended up with less white. I would hope it would develop proper mottling where it is black as it molts, but I think the white is there to stay. Does anyone know the genetics of that white chest?

So pretty much 3/4 of those chicks aren't good?, oh well I don't give a pickle I still like them, I'm just breeding for fun anyways, there aren't any chicken shows around here anyways ;)

Back
Top Bottom