Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

On Mottled coloring: I am not sure about Cochins, but I have raised some Mottled Houdans (my avi is a juvenile ). They start out black and white and they mottle as their adult feathers grow in. I need to take a new pic of my girl as she is growing in from her 3rd molt and is truly turning whiter.

A couple months ago after a bad hair day.

Fully feathered young adult.

Same bird.

Same bird as juvenile.

Same bird younger.

Youngsters.

On Mottled coloring: I am not sure about Cochins, but I have raised some Mottled Houdans (my avi is a juvenile ). They start out black and white and they mottle as their adult feathers grow in. I need to take a new pic of my girl as she is growing in from her 3rd molt and is truly turning whiter.

Same bird.

Same bird as juvenile.

Same bird younger.

Youngsters.

Beautiful!!

Same bird.

Same bird as juvenile.

Same bird younger.

Youngsters.

Thank you for posting these pictures. I intend to breed mottled Cochins and really know nothing about the genetics and how the color develops. May I have permission to post the bottom picture and the picture of the bird as a young adult on another Cochin thread?

I have never raised a mottled Cochin from a chick. I have one mottled hen I bought as a 7/8-month old pullet, picture below taken when she arrived.

Do all mottled Cochins start out black and white like your Houdans did?

Thank you for posting these pictures. I intend to breed mottled Cochins and really know nothing about the genetics and how the color develops. May I have permission to post the bottom picture and the picture of the bird as a young adult on another Cochin thread? I have never raised a mottled Cochin from a chick. I have one mottled hen I bought as a 7/8-month old pullet, picture below taken when she arrived. Do all mottled Cochins start out black and white like your Houdans did?
you are welcome to repost the photos.I do not have experience with Cochin but I would assume all mottling would follow a similar development.

I'm so glad I found this thread! I have 3 bantams 2 from assorted bin @ tractor store. I got them to hang with my favorite bantam " chicken Little"
i was wondering if I could get advise on the gender of my two new chickens? As well as the breed. I believe the black one is a frizzle cochin "Curley "Please correct me if. I'm wrong ! I also think it's a girl. I think our red cochin is a cockerel. Again please correct me
1f60f.png
here are some recent pictures.
the . The other has no name
1f62e.png
kinda waiting tell I figure out gender. They are 6 half weeks old. Thank you in advance! I do have a big girl flock 11 hens 1 Roo and I have to say our new additions are adorable !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom