Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I have a Black Cochin frizzle bantam. She is still young about 4 months. She refuse to perch!!!!! I put her on perch2-3 times a day. She just refuses and goes back to laying box. I have a feeling she's going to be broody most of her life. With all that being said in my original question is will someone post a picture of a Bantam cochin egg? I'm just curious.

Frizzles sometimes don't perch because they can't fly well if at all. I have them and some do and some do not perch.

I have a question and apoligize if this is the wrong thread - Could a pure bantam Cochin have blue "leakage" on the earlobes or would they always be red?

I have bantam Cochins, d'uccles, and a couple bantam cochin mixed breeds. Someone is laying a brown egg. Could a bantam cochin lay a brown egg? Egg in the left

I have bantam Cochins, d'uccles, and a couple bantam cochin mixed breeds. Someone is laying a brown egg. Could a bantam cochin lay a brown egg? Egg in the left

I'm sure it's possible. Every chicken lays a different egg than someone else. One time my hen laid a VERY dark brown egg and it has light brown stripes across it.

Is she a silkie cochin hybrid?
That's what I'm trying to figure out. She has a straight comb, yellow skin and smooth feathers but just a little blue on her lobes. She came from a mixed pen where there were silkie/cochin hens in with the pure cochin roo but the lady I purchased her from seemed to think she was pure. Now that I'm learning more I'm questioning. I will try and get a picture tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom