Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

We picked up a few Pekins (Cochin Bantams) this weekend, and in the mix was this Chocolate. Is the dark face normal? I can't find any other pics of Pekins with such dark faces.

Gosh, it is rather interesting looking!

We picked up a few Pekins (Cochin Bantams) this weekend, and in the mix was this Chocolate. Is the dark face normal? I can't find any other pics of Pekins with such dark faces.

Could your chocolate have some silkie mixed in with it?
idunno.gif
The reason why I ask is because I have a bantam cochin/silkie cross and she has a darker face and beak,,pea comb and 5 toes as well with black legs..but pink skin. Her face looks redder when she getting ready to lay her egg
wink.png

I love my Frizzles. I breed and hatch many different varieties and color combinations! They are so precious!

They are lovely...the blue mottled is my favorite but they are all stunning!

Adorable
love.gif
Congrats! I love the middle picture of the standard and bantam duo there
big_smile.png
How do you get such great pics? My little buggers never stay still standing alone, let alone in a group...LOL! I alsways get "action" shots or really great pics of their butts
th.gif
I know exactly what you mean lol...I have so many pics of the backsides of my flock. and their backs...lots of great pics of their tops.

Mille fleur bantam cochin chickie

Standard and bantam chickies.

Mille fleur/calico bantam chickies

Very cute!!

Could your chocolate have some silkie mixed in with it?
idunno.gif
The reason why I ask is because I have a bantam cochin/silkie cross and she has a darker face and beak,,pea comb and 5 toes as well with black legs..but pink skin. Her face looks redder when she getting ready to lay her egg
wink.png

she is too cute for words!

Two questions about this little girl ( about 9 weeks old) that I got from the "Assorted Feather Legged Bantam" bin.

1) is she a Cochin or a Brahma?
2) What do you call her feather pattern?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Could your chocolate have some silkie mixed in with it? :idunno The reason why I ask is because I have a bantam cochin/silkie cross and she has a darker face and beak,,pea comb and 5 toes as well with black legs..but pink skin. Her face looks redder when she getting ready to lay her egg ;)

Thank you, that may be the case as our birds do look very familiar. I still think she looks
very strange running around our garden though. Very stealthy!

Thanks!  I appreciate your taking the time.   Do you sell hatching eggs sired by that blue mottled boy?

I have a few roos out of amys pen and oh do I love them. I got a frizzled blue mottled, smooth mottled and blk mottled.
The blk mottled is going into my chocolate cochins and cant wait to see how they turn out. 2 thumbs up on amys eggs!

Back
Top Bottom