Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Hope someone has responded to you.  You would get better responses with this if you put it on the diseases, emergency forum.  Sounds like you are doing fine.  #1 get rid of the mites, #2 treat the wound.  I think neosporin is fine.  Just make sure the others are not picking at the wound.  Otherwise, just keep an eye on her and make sure she is eating and drinking.  Add a little Apple Cider Vinegar (natural with the mother) in to the water, 2 TBSP/Gal.  That helps with a lot of things.  Good luck.

Well.again I want to thank you I am sure frustrated not to get not one respond but thank you I go to vet on Mon I just glad I am doing ok I think

Question:
I have frizzle chicks that have straight feathered wings and the feathers above the wings are frizzle looking. What will it be? Can they turn out half straight feathered and half frizzles feathered???

A picture would help. Frizzles start with curly wings than the rest follows. Without curly wings it probably isn't a frizzle, but weird things can happen. Please post a photo if you can.

Well.again I want to thank you I am sure frustrated not to get not one respond but thank you I go to vet on Mon I just glad I am doing ok I think

It was nothing thank God it looked a fright though. if it had bee mites he of course could not.say since I had already mother's it he said so I did good soaking getting scab away and using tiney amounts of Neosporin non pain relief and watered down iodine said the weaker it is the stronger it is did not know thAt but he said to the these fancy birds will get irritated bums just becAuse they can't clean as easy as some but this red butt can also be because she is inside much more and diet could be part. Who knows but. I am happy I took her I can sleep and eat now lol he said she has a big.ol butt but he should have seen it before I cut her puffy puff off

thanks, they are project colors. only a few folks are working on them besides me. im several generations into my chocolates and porcelain and mauve will be new for this yr. ive had millies and calicos gor 9yrs now.

Your birds are SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
love.gif

Last edited:
thank you for the kind words.
i love all my lil birds. i currently have around 90 of them. ♡

WOW!!! I have just one little bantam cochin/silkie mix that is a house chicken..LOL! We moved a year and a half ago and could not take our 6 backyard girls we had...all bantam cochins
sad.png
thank goodness I had friends to rehome them to, so I still get to see them and pics
love.gif
We just bought our house 3 months ago so totally excited to get our coop up and ready for hatching some bantam cochins in the spring!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
Just have to wait for it to stop snowing
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom