Cochin Chicks acting weird

Countrygirl92

Songster
8 Years
Jun 27, 2014
Can someone please help me all of a sudden my Cochin chicks seem like they gasping for air and sneezing but hasn’t had any drainage coming from the eyes or nose??

Can you give more details? How do their poops look? Has this just started? Are they eating and drinking normally, or are they lethargic? It'll narrow the problem down. Also, a video of them breathing would be very helpful.

I can’t really tell on the poop and yes this just started and not lethargic cause they can run pretty good it kinda looks like asthma it won’t let me post my video on here but here’s a pic

Attachments

• 9E980C93-E38C-48D2-A9E2-7D3C0764AF29.jpeg
    9E980C93-E38C-48D2-A9E2-7D3C0764AF29.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 2
How high is the humidity? I hate to admit it, but I once forgot to drain the pan after hatching when my gma asked me to, and some of the chicks began having a dry drowning situation. Had a vet give them an oxygen boost w Albuterol in the big box and most of them cleared up in a few days. We ended up losing several bc I was an inattentive teen, though. She was using one of those old closed system incubators

Lol they were hat
How high is the humidity? I hate to admit it, but I once forgot to drain the pan after hatching when my gma asked me to, and some of the chicks began having a dry drowning situation. Had a vet give them an oxygen boost w Albuterol in the big box and most of them cleared up in a few days. We ended up losing several bc I was an inattentive teen, though. She was using one of those old closed system incubators
lol their mama sat on them
I can’t really tell on the poop and yes this just started and not lethargic cause they can run pretty good it kinda looks like asthma it won’t let me post my video on here but here’s a pic

Also, how high is the temperature out there? They could also be overheating. In which case I would take them inside to cool down, and see if the symptoms subside. Then we could figure out how to keep them cool outdoors.

Also, how high is the temperature out there? They could also be overheating. In which case I would take them inside to cool down, and see if the symptoms subside. Then we could figure out how to keep them cool outdoors.
The humidity is 86% and I put them inside today in a box with a heat lamp

Back
Top Bottom