Cochin Thread!!!

The top partridge pic is a partridge, the bottom also looks to be the same. I am still learning my self. But I think you got it right!

Thank you! Can wait for hen to lay eggs so I can get more babies! Lol I have a while to wait tho.

I fill ya, lol! I just got my first Saramas, and Cochins and I want to get some eggs have one go broody so I get a couple chicks!

Thanks for posting the picture of the grumpy look.lol.... I think I'll stick to my friendlier faced birds. I really don't care for that look. They may not do well in a show, but I would breed my birds heads over that any day.

.agreed, if they want that head why not just go to the brahma's, the brahma people already don't want the cochins in their bloodlines
This is referred to as an Asiatic head and the look is shared by both LF Cochins and LF Brahmas which are 2 of the breeds that are in the Asiatic group of chickens. There are more differences and similarities between Brahmas and Cochins than just the head, so I wouldn't purchase one or the other based on the style of head.

Last edited:
Really Andy? My eyes are not as good as they once were, so I know I may well be wrong, but the first chick looks like a Golden Lace to me, followed by Blue, then maybe Mille Fleur and finally a White.

My chicks? It goes golden laced, black (possibly blue but looks like a black cochin), partridge, and buff. :)

Hi. My pullets are closing in on 15 wks old. What are some signs that egg laying is eminent? We want some eggs! lOL thanks for any help.

What you do at 15 weeks is buy 2 dozen eggs... they will start laying the next day.

Hold off buying eggs...... they will start laying at 24 weeks....

woot.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom