Cochin Thread!!!

I just wanted to show off my little guy. He is 6 weeks old and a real cutie. I know he's probably not show quality and it doesn't matter to me. I don't show them. They are only my pets. I think he is beautiful though. I have other bantam Cochins also. I will have to share some pics of them later as I don't have any very good pics of them right now. This one is my favorite though. This is Romeo.

Sorry about the quality of the pics. I took them with my phone.

He is cute!!! I don't care about show quality either. All my animals are just pets too!!
I just wanted to show off my little guy. He is 6 weeks old and a real cutie. I know he's probably not show quality and it doesn't matter to me. I don't show them. They are only my pets. I think he is beautiful though. I have other bantam Cochins also. I will have to share some pics of them later as I don't have any very good pics of them right now. This one is my favorite though. This is Romeo. Sorry about the quality of the pics. I took them with my phone.

@flockofbantsms Thank you. He is my little buddy. What kinds of bantams do you have? I have this one which I thought was just a black, but just a little while ago I noticed that on only a very few feathers he has white spots. Maybe only on 5 or 6 feathers. His face has some white also. Is it possible that he could get more white spots as he grows and be mottled? I have 3 other Cochin who are females: 2 that I believe are Birchen and 1 that I think is mottled. Can't be absolutely sure because they came from TSC and all the bin said was assorted bantams. I'm just going by how the coloring looks to me right now. I also have 2 other bantams that I believe are black Japanese. The rest of my chicks are large fowl.

@flockofbantsms
 Thank you. He is my little buddy. What kinds of bantams do you have? I have this one which I thought was just a black, but just a little while ago I noticed that on only a very few feathers he has white spots. Maybe only on 5 or 6 feathers. His face has some white also. Is it possible that he could get more white spots as he grows and be mottled? I have 3 other Cochin who are females: 2 that I believe are Birchen and 1 that I think is mottled. Can't be absolutely sure because they came from TSC and all the bin said was assorted bantams. I'm just going by how the coloring looks to me right now. I also have 2 other bantams that I believe are black Japanese. The rest of my chicks are large fowl.

I only have bantams. I grew up with chickens and I got married and got my own place and now I am able to start my very on flock. I currently only have 2 crested polish chicks. On white crested blue polish pullet and a self crested columbian polish cockerel. I sadly have to sell my cockerel b/c I can't have roasters. But I have 5 chicks on special order arriving on may 23'rd.
1 buff cochin
1 red frizzle
1 white silkie
1 mille fluer d'uccle
1 porcelain d'uccle
I really really want a splash cochin and would like to also add a silver laced sea bright to my small flock.

As far as your "little buddy" goes he might be a molted. Or he might loose those few feathers with white when he molts. That's part if the fun for me and shy I like chicks so much... Trying to decide what they are going to look like all grown up.
From everything I have read I think in going to love my little cochin. Everything says how docile gentle calm they are!!!!! I was given a standard buff cochin as a kid and I named her Henny Penny. She was the sweetest hen! I tried to pick pretty but calm breeds of chickens for my flock. I hope I did good!

Chickie lady
He looks like he will be plan black to me. But watch out. Because of the variety of colors in cochins, ya might end up becoming an addict and want/need more colors. Lol! Like me. I have mostly cochin bantams all sorts of colors (mainly calico/millie) but my colors are all over the map. I have approx 80 cochins, as well as a doz of bantam silkies, 1 millie duccle, and 4 english chocolate orphingtons! I have both pet to show quality and love all of them!

I just wanted to show off my little guy. He is 6 weeks old and a real cutie. I know he's probably not show quality and it doesn't matter to me. I don't show them. They are only my pets. I think he is beautiful though. I have other bantam Cochins also. I will have to share some pics of them later as I don't have any very good pics of them right now. This one is my favorite though. This is Romeo.

Sorry about the quality of the pics. I took them with my phone.
nice. my Romeo is my Avatar.
wink.png

@flockofbantsms It sounds like you are going to have a very pretty flock. I also have 2 crested Polish. They are white crested black, but they are not bantams. I have one LF chick that was a free exotic I received in my hatchery order that I am thinking may be a Partridge Cochin. I will put a pic of that one on here later too and see if I can find out if that is right.

@mindylee I am also thinking most likely black because there are so few white spots. It doesn't matter to me. I think the blacks are very pretty too. I was just curious about it. Thanks for your opinion. I am addicted to not just Cochins, but chickens in general...lol. I have my bantam Cochins and 2 Japanese bantams. The rest of my chicks are LF. I have Light Brahmas, Rhode Island Reds, Blue Andalusians, Easter Eggers, Australorps, 2 White Crested Black Polish, and 1 that I think may be a Partridge Cochin, and a few that I got out of a pullet bin at a feed store that I am not sure of the breeds. I have 47 chicks right now. I can't have any more because my coop isn't big enough. If I could, I definitely would.

Back
Top Bottom