Cochin Thread!!!

I do not know the answer to that question. I do know that Splash Bantams are on track to be recognized after final qualification meet in November. Self Blues are making progress also. Mille also should be but I don't see leadership and oganization to focus on recognition.
This is the list of APA recognized colors as of July 2010. The ones only recognized by the ABA are at the bottom of the list

Hope this helps someone.

Listed by Breed, variety, year recognized, class

Bantams

Cochin Birchen 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Black 1874 Feather Legged
Cochin Blue 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Brown Red 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Buff 1874 Feather Legged
Cochin Columbian 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Golden Laced 1965 Feather Legged
Cochin Mottled 1965 Feather Legged
Cochin Partridge 1874 Feather Legged
Cochin Red 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Silver Laced 1965 Feather Legged
Cochin White 1874 Feather Legged

Large fowl

Cochin Barred 1982 Asiatic
Cochin Black 1874 Asiatic
Cochin Blue 1965 Asiatic
Cochin Brown 1965 Asiatic
Cochin Buff 1874 Asiatic
Cochin Golden Laced 1965 Asiatic
Cochin Partridge 1874 Asiatic
Cochin Silver Laced 1965 Asiatic
Cochin White 1874 Asiatic

For Bantams, the ABA also recognizes:
Barred
Black Tailed Red
Buff Columbian
Lemon Blue
Silver Penciled

Thank you!

I do not know the answer to that question. I do know that Splash Bantams are on track to be recognized after final qualification meet in November. Self Blues are making progress also.  Mille also should be but I don't see leadership and oganization to focus on recognition.

This is the list of APA  recognized colors as of July 2010. The ones only recognized by the ABA are at the bottom of the list

Hope this helps someone.

Listed by Breed, variety, year recognized, class

Bantams

Cochin Birchen 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Black 1874 Feather Legged
Cochin Blue 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Brown Red 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Buff 1874 Feather Legged
Cochin Columbian 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Golden Laced 1965 Feather Legged
Cochin Mottled 1965 Feather Legged
Cochin Partridge 1874 Feather Legged
Cochin Red 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Silver Laced 1965 Feather Legged
Cochin White 1874 Feather Legged

Large fowl

Cochin Barred 1982 Asiatic
Cochin Black 1874 Asiatic
Cochin Blue 1965 Asiatic
Cochin Brown 1965 Asiatic
Cochin Buff 1874 Asiatic
Cochin Golden Laced 1965 Asiatic
Cochin Partridge 1874 Asiatic
Cochin Silver Laced 1965 Asiatic
Cochin White 1874 Asiatic

For Bantams, the ABA also recognizes:
Barred
Black Tailed Red
Buff Columbian
Lemon Blue
Silver Penciled
I'd like to share a pic of our young Cochin mixes. We have frizzle and regular Turken Cochins and they are so cute! I haven't researched the breed, but I call them "Turkochins" ;)
[/IMG]

I have to say my SL cock is much louder and more aggressive than any of my Blacks or Columbians. They crow a little in the AM and are generally calm. Multiple cocks will have their fights if not kept separated.

I'm not suppose to have a Roo at all, I guess I will hold on to one or two till they crow, I will prob have to rehome all the cockerels
1f612.png

@3BirdGirlz Your babies are beautiful! Do you think the one on the left in the middle pic with blue splashing is a roo?

Yes he sure is. I have 2 splash cockerels, and a white, the rest are pullets. Thank you:) I love my fluffy babies and think they're beautiful too!

I also take French's yellow mustard and put a big splat in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and fill with water. Pore it on the lawn where I think the most worms are. Within minutes the worms come racing out of the ground and I collect them as treats too.
Bleach water works too to get worms out of ground immediately.
FYI, thought you might like to know that earthworms are carriers of the Gape worms. You should worm your birds a couple of times a year and make sure you get a product that will get the Gapes. Very few brands or types will get them so you need to read the label or ask someone knowledgeable about wormers. If I'm not mistaken I think that Ivermectin will get them and most other types also. It's a good broad spectrum wormer. And don't freak, birds that free range will get them even if you don't give them worms. Another FYI, mealworms are an excellent, clean treat and they will go batty over them, of course they do for earthworms also.

Back
Top Bottom