Cochin Thread!!!

IMG_1324-1-1-1.jpg
testing 123

IMG_1324-1-1-1.jpg
testing 123
remove the tags... then the link will show up correctly.

but if you use the image button, you can paste the link to the pic and it will show it up, or if it's local on your computer then use the 'my computer' button and just navigate to it in the directory system

Snapped a few shots today before the rain set in. A few of these pictures show that even though my birds look very white and clean, they like to play in the dirt and just be chickens. They seem to really enjoy it, so I just let them. I made the pics small so the thread would be easier to see, just click them to make them bigger.

This is one of the cockerels that has really caught my eye lately. He has a beautiful Cochin head, IMO, and he looks promising. Hatched April 30th, so still pretty young, excited to see how this one turns out.

Also hatched two frizzle cockerels that look promising. This one looks better to me right now, but they were also hatched April 30th, so time will tell. Weird position in this photo, he was chillin in the doorway to the coop, trying to crow while sitting down, lol.

I have a few other pics I took a few days ago, I will try and post them a little later this weekend. Have one cockerel that has a complete full cushion right now, with pretty good type as well, so I have my eye on him as well. Will post the pics whenever I get around to it.

~Casey

Here are the other pics. I thought I had deleted them from the computer and would have to reload them again, but I found them. Lol. Here they are. Again, click them to view larger pics. I apologize ahead of time for so many. Got carried away,...again. Lol.

Here is the cockerel I mentioned with the full cushion. He was hatched April 7th, and looks pretty promising right now.

The pullet in the background looks good too. She was hatched April 30th.

Here are the two different frizzle cockerels.

These are just some others.

This is the little "frazzle/curlie" that I ended up with. You can see a big difference in teathering from him and the other two frizzle cockerels.

~Casey

Snapped a few shots today before the rain set in. A few of these pictures show that even though my birds look very white and clean, they like to play in the dirt and just be chickens. They seem to really enjoy it, so I just let them. I made the pics small so the thread would be easier to see, just click them to make them bigger.

Also hatched two frizzle cockerels that look promising. This one looks better to me right now, but they were also hatched April 30th, so time will tell. Weird position in this photo, he was chillin in the doorway to the coop, trying to crow while sitting down, lol.

I have a few other pics I took a few days ago, I will try and post them a little later this weekend. Have one cockerel that has a complete full cushion right now, with pretty good type as well, so I have my eye on him as well. Will post the pics whenever I get around to it.

~Casey
Oh my gosh, these are adorable!!! These make me even more excited for mine to be adults. I have pure white ones as well and that second picture thrills me. I can't wait to have big babies!
clap.gif
My cochin roo crow's sitting down as well! haha

Last edited:
I need to get new pictures tomorrow.
Here is one of my roo's. My only cochin that isn't pure white. He has a "milk chocolate" color on his chest.

Back
Top Bottom