Cochins Vs. Orps Bickering thread CHOOSE YOUR SIDE

Cochins or Orps

• Total voters
People are so cruel without even realizing how Inhumane and disgusting they are when they modify animals for their own satisfaction. Cropping cutting dubbing any part of an animal is so horrible. But I came here to choose orps because of the same inhumane treatment of Cochins. They are small so they become easy prey and are easily bullied by bigger birds. Their feet are not supposed to have feathers and those feathers cause serious swelling and irritation and sometimes they break off when the chicken steps on them causing bleeding. They were bred to be designer breeds like the pug bulldog and flat faced cats who can’t breath properly and suffer ”because they are cuter this way”. I wish people would leave animal genes alone and quit causing mutations in animals for selfish reasons. I could go on about all the horrible things people do to animals but it gives me anxiety thinking about. Sorry for ranting I’m very passionate about animals.
Cochins feathered feet don't swell and become irritated unless poop and mud become stuck on them and rub against the legs and feet. Bantams can be better for kids and people who have limited space. They aren't ment to be thrown in with big chickens! One last thing, dubbing and cropping can be done for reasons that benefit the animal. For example I saw a thread a while back about a person's leghorn rooster who couldn't hold his head up properly because of his massive comb. I'm sorry if I come off as mean but I'm also very passionate about animals. I also hope you realize that we were joking when we talked about cropping an orps comb with heated shears.

One last thing, dubbing and cropping can be done for reasons that benefit the animal. For example I saw a thread a while back about a person's leghorn rooster who couldn't hold his head up properly because of his massive comb.
I've read one too. I believe it was by @Saaniya
EDIT: here is the article https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...arge-comb-of-rooster-life-saving-guide.74418/
I also hope you realize that we were joking when we talked about cropping an orps comb with heated shears.
Yes, I would never actually want to harm any animal in such a way.
I'm sorry if I come off as mean but I'm also very passionate about animals.
As am I

Back
Top Bottom